overall
RATINGS: 4474   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

savitska (163) - Smyrna, Georgia, USA - APR 20, 2001
Great color and an inviting, almost fruity aroma. A clean taste that has a dry, hoppy, slightly 'orange rind' finish. A great example of an american ale!

Jake Barnes (456) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - APR 19, 2001
Hoppy, but good. ..................................................

Brianroz99 (123) - Mullica Hill, New Jersey, USA - APR 18, 2001
..................................................

HarmonKill-a-Brew (407) - Wilmar, Arkansas, USA - APR 16, 2001
UPDATED: MAY 21, 2012 Hoppy, almost too hoppy for me. The flavor really grew on me after I had a few of these. Update: Ok this beer has REALLY grown on me now... I get a craving for these on hot summer days when I’m grilling out. Update: 5/21/12 LOVE this beer... over time it has become one of my favorites!

Shadallion (534) - Sacramento, California, USA - APR 14, 2001
A good ale, no doubt, but too hoppy for the style in my opinion. Also, when it warms up, I swear to God is smells like shit. Literally. Despite those flaws, this is an acknowledged classic, and a good stepping stone into the world of microbrews.

weeicemon (126) - Lancaster, California, USA - APR 14, 2001
It's understandable why this beer is so popular. Frothy head with a definite fruity nose. Starts with a sweet bitterness and finishes with a mid maltiness. Yeastiness is missed by most. The epitemy of Pacific Northwest beers.

dolemike1 (1289) - Jeannette, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 12, 2001
Great summer beer. Nice hop taste, but not too overpowering. good aroma too.

Astrologer99 (22) - Saint Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - APR 9, 2001
solid malt nose with restrained but balanced hops notes; medium amber, head is more sudsy than malt head; this really hops out in the mouth, Cascade outa control; a tad too frail for the hop level, but thoroughly quaffable

billb (245) - Acworth, Georgia, USA - MAR 26, 2001
UPDATE - 3/26/01. This is my new 'drinking' beer. It's full of flavor (Cascade and Perle hops magic). In fact, I'm brewing a clone of this right now, I hope I get it because this is a phenomenal APA.
------
I am a huge dark beer fan, but this brew has nearly all the kick and flavor of their porter. Had it on tap, highly recommended with something grilled.

StoutOrDeath (121) - USA - MAR 17, 2001
Not bad. Not great. Average beer. Refreshing, I suppose. This is more of a trendy college type beer. Not for me.