overall
RATINGS: 4637   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

GrooveDaddy's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
GrooveDaddy (25) - Bham, Alabama, USA - DEC 5, 2012
During the hellish-hot Alabama summer of 2012, when my A/C was broken, and I could not survive at times without having a fan blow directly on me while I sprayed water on myself, I would occasionally crave a good, cold brew to guzzle while I watched Dawn of the Dead. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale was one of the better ones. Keeping it slightly cool in the 6-pack, which was in turn inside a double-packed plastic bag, I partake of this fine ale that night the snake crawled out of my couch, and onto my leg (or was I drinking Yuengling in cans at the time? I cant remember as I was drunk and trying to catch that snake that to this day I pray was not a copperhead). Quality stuff, and Im happy to say that my local BP station carries it for a mere $7.99 per six pack, as opposed to a dollar more at the Kangeroo station across the street. I am also about to tackle some right after I type this - tally-ho!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Dimitri8 (37) - Pabianice, POLAND - FEB 17, 2017
Bottle at home. Aroma and taste are sweet and carmel. Low bitternes. Solid pale ale.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
DwarfeD (3160) - Amersfoort, NETHERLANDS - FEB 17, 2017
Bottle at home. Clear golden with a medium white soapy head. Light to medium body with moderate carbonation. Subtle bitter and sweet tones. Caramel, citrus, malts, subtle pine and fruits. OK pale ale.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Neverwinter Ales (5) - GREECE - FEB 16, 2017 does not count
The quintessential Pale Ale. Hopiness is just right , body is strong, leaves a satisfying aftertaste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
pachecoweld (3) - California, USA - FEB 13, 2017 does not count
Very impressed with this pale ale, I dont know why I havent tried it sooner. Aroma is citrus and light pine. Taste follows aroma with a nice citrus and pine flavor very balanced with the hops. This will definitely be my go to beer from this point on.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
bbbeer (787) - Massachusetts, USA - FEB 12, 2017
I havent rated this? Golden color with small off white head. Grassy hop aroma. Light body. Good balance of malt and mildly bitter hops. NIcely drinkable, a classic.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Maakun (4629) - The Hague, NETHERLANDS - FEB 11, 2017
Bottle from Albert Heijn at home, its Best before date is 6 months in the future so its probably a bit old. Clear golden with white head. Lots of carmel malts, light bready, a light cocoa touch as well. Some citrus peel and bitter herbs. Later some dried apricot. Under medium sweet and medium bitter. Medium bodied with slight dry malty feel. Ok but Id like to try one closer to the source...

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
monti24 (59) - Graz, AUSTRIA - FEB 9, 2017
Pours orange with a white head. Aroma is sweet and hoppy. Taste is sweet but the finish is bitter.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
sjogro (3325) - The Hague, NETHERLANDS - FEB 7, 2017
Bottle at home, from Albert Heyn XL. Near clear amber with white head. Sweet toasted caramel malts, lot of citrus (peel), dry toast with butter, light fudge, resiny hops. Moderate sweet and bitter. Medium body, malty feel, average carbonation. Nice bittersweet fruity fudgey pale ale. Pairing nicely with these veggie springrolls.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Rex_Remes (180) - Bonyhad, HUNGARY - FEB 5, 2017
(12oz bottle) AROMA: biscuit, soft yeast, little bit of sweet/sour malt. APPEARANCE: medium Amber, frothy head, creamy and clingy residuals. TASTE: malt, roasted corn, grass/celery. PALATE: light medium body, smooth, fluid/watery, light spritz, moderate bitter finish. OVERALL: not an upper echelon pale ale, but very drinkable, smooth, fresh, could be an every day ale..not as bold as some other top ales.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
surething_ii (101) - enkvice, SLOVAK REPUBLIC - FEB 5, 2017
Bottle at Ministarstvo, Nis. Very nice APA. Though I am over limit now, I still can feel it. Probably because its rather strong. But nice, strong but nice.