overall
RATINGS: 4420   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   IBU: 37   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Available in bottles. Special draft of this beer is available only at the brewery!
Draft SNPA at all other locations is a different recipe and is listed separately.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops.<P> Bottle Conditioned.
IBUs: 37
Bittering Hops: Magnum & Perle
Finishing Hops: Cascade
Malts: Two-row Pale & Caramel

211Gramma99 (38) - Chico, California, USA - JAN 19, 2002
This is the best beer in the world. Here in chico this is all anyone drinks. It the best tasting beer.

yuder99 (2) - USA - JAN 27, 2002 does not count
A damn good drink from a town with damn fine women..........................

ENTROPY (141) - Terra Bella, California, USA - JUL 18, 2002
Anticop and I drink this all the time, it has to be my favorite brew of all time. Fruit aroma- soft-sweet flavor, palate second to none. SIERRA NEVADA,

anticop (79) - Porterville, California, USA - JUL 16, 2002
gotta love the paley aley. lets go fishin, this is my favorite beer of all time. i will drink it anytime, esp. in the mountains.

MMacdonald99 (7) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 13, 2002 does not count
Hands down the best beer out there. I actually didn't care for the "bite" after my first bottle, but since then, I will take a Sierra Nevada any time. Can't say enough. Color, taste, aroma, it has it all. The only problem I have ever had, is the bottle strength. They seem to break very easy and then I waste a bottle of the greatest Beer ever.

BillAhlman (2) - Grapevine, Texas, USA - JUL 23, 2003 does not count
In my NOT SO HUMBLE opinion, S.N. Pale Ale is THE BEST AMERICAN ALE today! Hoppy, Just the right bite, and a wonderful aftertaste. The head seems to hang around a while which is nice! I LOVE THIS ALE!

Warfaust (2) - California, USA - APR 29, 2004 does not count
This beer is absolutely delightful. The hoppy aroma and flavor are out of this world, and make a body glad to be alive.

Giant (4) - Minnesota, USA - DEC 17, 2004 does not count
This is the best American Pale Ale ever made. It is consistent year after year. The way it is bottle conditioned makes it extra special. This is an ale that really grows on you. Definitely the standard of American Pale Ales!

Krausen (102) - USA - JAN 30, 2005
Its not "interesting" its not "complex" but it is definately bitter. My favorite beer of all time when I just want a "beer." Sure, I love my belgians, stouts and barleywines, but this beer just screams cascade, balance and simplicity.

holymackerel (6) - USA - JUN 21, 2006 does not count
This is America’s Ale. Perhaps the best Beer in the Universe, hands down....