overall
RATINGS: 3416   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.73/5   IBU: 65   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Torpedo is an assertive American IPA deep reddish-gold in color, with a smooth and bready malt presence and over-the-top hop aromas. The beer has a solid bitterness and a massive hop flavor, yet remains easy drinking with a pleasant dry finish.

RickTStiles (827) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 11, 2010
UPDATED: AUG 11, 2014 pours golden with a thin white head and some sparse lacing. aroma is moist with strong hop character of floral citrus. mouthfeel is on the syrupy side with round hops and some sweetness. finishes bitter but subdued. well balanced and very pleasing.

jercraigs (10886) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 9, 2010
2010-06-27. Crisp orange body with a creamy beige head that fades with some lace. 3+ Hoppy aroma is fairly green and resiny. 7+ Flavour has a good amount of bitterness, modest hoppy character, green leafy resin, lacks complexity but it is enjoyable. Smooth medium body. 3+ Simple but pretty solid. Enjoyable. Bottle at Belmont Station, Portland.

Ericzzz (10) - Macon, USA - JUL 6, 2010
Bottle. I wanted to like this beer. I really, really did. I enjoy IPAs and generally hoppy beers, but I guess this one was just too much for me. The bitterness wasn’t so bad, but after I got past that, I felt like I was drinking a pine cone. I really enjoy Sierra Nevada’s regular pale ale, but I just feel like this is too much.

dashiell22 (51) - Massachusetts, USA - JUL 5, 2010
Bought a six pack for less than ten dollars; this delicious beer was worth every penny. Great color and aroma, much easier to drink than the DIPAs I’ve been having of late. The hop aromas settled into a gentle bitterness on the tongue. Great beer; truly awesome value.

Holtguy (181) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JUL 4, 2010
The economy is terrible. We’re in the middle of two disastrous wars. Oil is spilling all over the Gulf of Mexico. The government is inept. Sarah Palin’s popularity scares me. But, I can buy a six pack of Torpedo Extra IPA at the supermarket for $8.00. Things aren’t all bad.

jeegun (30) - Emeryville, California, USA - JUL 1, 2010
12oz bottle. Thick, creamy head and very hoppy in scent. An extra-hoppy IPA that’s on the bitter side, even for an IPA. Good, hoppy IPA.

Dacrza (1036) - Great Meadows, New Jersey, USA - JUL 1, 2010
Moment: a relaxing Sunday afternoon in June... Glassware: Howard’s Pub pint... Appearance: burnt orange body; thick, crunchy white head that holds well as the glass drains--attractive lacing... Aroma: spruce and pine--ALL Pacific scents are imported in this as expected--and its intensity preceeds the heightened hops... Palate: thick, big and full-bodied but deceptively smooth to the sip--the magic is its balance of boldness and drinkability... Taste: sweetness of caramel with the bitterness of Cascade hops--pleasantly palatable and robust with a dryness that encourages a second glass... Overall: Sweet and tart--a killer combination that grows in its pleasure, with a warming effect that does not put its ABV on trial..could see this sneaking up on me at a get-together or a slow evening...

rahmdog (55) - Durham, New Hampshire, USA - JUL 1, 2010
Love this beer. Boom. Hops, start to finish but without the usual level of bitterness. Very flowery aroma with a smooth crisp finish. This is my favorite Sierra Nevada so far, really well put together, congrats.

picknbrew (199) - Mechanicsville, Virginia, USA - JUN 30, 2010
12 Oz. Bottle. Medium clear amber with a genrous white head. Citrus and piine aroma with some malty sweetness. Plenty green hop flavor with just enough malt sweetness. Assertive bitterness that stays around. A nice stand by IPA. Lots of hop character but not overdone.

KnutAlbert (6792) - Oslo, NORWAY - JUN 30, 2010
Lovely amber, a load of hops in the nose, and the flavour hits pretty hard, too. Decent malty body underneath, but it lack the little extra.