overall
RATINGS: 474   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55/5   IBU: 55   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Inspired by the island life, we created an IPA completely disconnected from the mainland. We used our one-of-a-kind Hop Torpedo to deliver an intense rush of hop flavor and the lush aromas of mango, papaya, and passion fruit with every sip. Enjoy our tropical twist on the American IPA.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

Kavu (5524) - Helsinki, FINLAND - APR 15, 2018
UPDATED: APR 15, 2018 0,355l bottle from Safeway, Oak Hills Mall. Enjoyed @ San Marco Villas. Pours clear golden with a medium creamy head. Aroma is sweet malts with plenty of tropical fruits. Flavor is sweet malts, tropical fruits and hops. Great.

Tjeerd (713) - GERMANY - APR 14, 2018
Drinkbaar, lekker zelfs maar aftrekpunten voor de prijs-smaak verhouding...

julesxxl (848) - FRANCE - APR 9, 2018
(nez us hop (mangue-pamp’-orange-pin), moelleuse & hoppy, délicate, mandarine, manguen, < tropedo)

BelgianBeerGal (4341) - Panama City, Florida, USA - APR 9, 2018
UPDATED: APR 9, 2018 Fresh bottle from the NC brewery. Overall a nicely hopped IPA with medium bitterness but I really didn't get any tropical specific flavors. More pine and resin to me. Nice enough though.

Nekronos (4260) - Xalapa, MEXICO - APR 7, 2018
Relatively good beer. nice to drink and well brewed. Hoppy and quite graspy but still thin and normal.

Taboada (1721) - Compostela (Galiza), SPAIN - APR 4, 2018
Bottle, taster. Tasted on the 17/03/2018 at "Barcelona Beer Festival 2018". L´hospitalet (Spain). Clear orange colour with a medium foamy white head. Aroma of grains, malts and pine. Taste is fruity and malty with a slightly spicy finish. Next one please!

3fourths (9405) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - APR 4, 2018
Looks beautiful and smells beautiful, no resin or onion, juicy and tropical but not artificial, hops come across as new noble or NZ: exotic but restrained, floral, fruity, white wine; pastry-like amber malt, delivered with fine and silky CO2. Top-tier IPA in 2018 from Sierra Nevada, how about that?

Kurtos (234) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - MAR 31, 2018
UPDATED: MAR 31, 2018 Fruity tropical and citrus aroma, medium-strong bitterness, resiny bitterness, moderate tropical flavour, good beer, though nothing memorable.

Scipio (1368) - Palatine, Illinois, USA - MAR 30, 2018
Pours a slightly hazy, darker golden with a medium white head. The aroma is a little light. It has mango, tangerine, pine, and caramel. Sipping reveals some average bitterness and an easier yet persistent sweetness. A caramel base sets the stage for bigger pine and mango. Lesser impressions are grapefruit, peach, tangerine, and orange. Long aftertaste is mango. Medium in body and sticky in texture. Pretty solid altogether.

uvajed (190) - Ravenna, Ohio, USA - MAR 29, 2018
Good IPA, but not top-of-the-class, in my book. Nice and hoppy but in a kind of generic way- I get some citrus and the expected bitterness but don't pick up all of the fruity notes that other reviewers mention. I remember the 6-pack being good but not special. Tried a draft at Melt in Cleveland recently and I actually asked the waitress if she had accidentally given my a regular Torpedo, which is something I drink more frequently. She was sure she hadn't, and she was spot-on with everything else so I believe it. Worth a try, but not a go-to for me.