overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 824   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.88/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
A pale, mildly hopped brew with subtle malt flavor.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Stove Top (43) - Kenmore, Washington, USA - APR 29, 2001
My favorite american wheat. Great floral and hoppy nose with a bready smell. Has a tangy citrusy type flavor - the use of imported french strissel spalt hops is very evident. This is unlike many american wheat beers I have tried...in that it has a great hop profile yet doesnt drown out the wheat flavor.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Admiral (524) - Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 16, 2002
Light but good nevertheless; the wheat/yeast is very well balanced against the hops, which I think are Cascade but arent too aggressive. Very refreshing, and excellent if youre not expecting a hefeweizen.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Heat99 (56) - Austin, Texas, USA - NOV 10, 2001
I really enjoyed this beer on regret only buying one bottle of it on my first trip. Of the wheat beers I have tried I would have to say this was the best to date. Very flavorful and appealing to the palate. Cant wait to pick up some more. Of course, I am partial to Sierra Nevada as their Pale Ale is what turned me on to beer tasting in the first place.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
igneous1 (1535) - Davenport, Iowa, USA - NOV 24, 2001
excellent beer....but im somewhat biased as i am partial to wheat beers. very flavorful..try it!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
211Gramma99 (38) - Chico, California, USA - AUG 1, 2002
This is my favorite sierra beer made. Its smooth and tasted great

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
FlemishChar (224) - Virginia, USA - SEP 10, 2001
Not really a hefe-weizen in the strict sense of the word, its more of a slightly bitter wheat ale.. Not really hoppy but without the sweet flavors of german or belgian whites.. Nonetheless, it has a great yeasty taste and is very refreshing. One of my favorites from SN. Superb cloudy golden color.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
NeoHippie2 (1074) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - FEB 23, 2008
UPDATED: JUN 17, 2008 Very solid wheat brew in my opinion. To be honest, one of my favorite wheat ales. Pours a cloudy amber due to it being unfiltered and has a nice white head. Has a crisp, wholesome flavor to it. Delicious balance of malts and hops with a truly refreshing character to it. Wonderful brew from sierra nevada, definitely worth giving a try.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
kerryodeoch (6) - Winchester, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 23, 2003 does not count
Wowwee! Nice pour, thick rich head that lasts!Bigger nose than other wheats-hoppier, fruitier. Hazy golden brew. Full of flavor and zing on the tongue, yet virtually no aftertaste. I taste wheat, peach, malt, nicely hopped. This is now at the top of my list. Definately a beer that rocked my world. A winner!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Murph06 (121) - Illinois, USA - AUG 20, 2001

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JMerritt (1941) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - NOV 13, 2001
I really liked this offering from Sierra Nevada. A great unfiltered appearance with a creamy white head, smooth creamy flavor. Ill buy this again.