overall
RATINGS: 43   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
: Winter Warmer is designed to be served with hearty meals or to be enjoyed on cold winter nights, preferably by the fireplace with a close friend. This robust, rich ale gets its distinctive flavor and ruby brown color from seven different malts and three hop varieties.

AxeMaster221 (343) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JAN 2, 2003
This poured a murky amber / brown, with a light tan head that diminished quickly. Slight alcohol aroma in the nose, mostly overshadowed by the malt aroma. Malty, sweet, with a slight alcohol flavor....not sure of the ABV, but i would imagine 7%? Actually rather smooth palate, and a nice overall brew. Seems much closer to a English Strong Ale to me, much heavier than a normal amber. Probably hard to find outside Oregon, but worth a try.

Schroppfy (2360) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - NOV 27, 2002
Has Dry Stout-like characteristics, but far far more rich and slightly sweet and hearty than other examples of that style I have had (I should mention I’m not a big Dry Stout fan). A deliciously oaky, malty, slightly sweet...ummm...stout. Interacts strangely with various foods. I made the mistake of having my second sample after some Swiss cheese, and I got the funkiest chemical interactions on my tongue I’ve had in a really long time. Bizarre. But my second favorite beer from a great small brewery. ANd I liked calling them on the phone and getting the home number of the brewers. That was cool, and I was nervous!

jazz88 (2679) - San Francisco, California, USA - OCT 31, 2002
Tap @ brewpub. A dark red tinted brown. A warm malty beer that cloys with dark cherry.