overall
RATINGS: 43   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
: Winter Warmer is designed to be served with hearty meals or to be enjoyed on cold winter nights, preferably by the fireplace with a close friend. This robust, rich ale gets its distinctive flavor and ruby brown color from seven different malts and three hop varieties.

AxeMaster221 (342) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JAN 2, 2003
This poured a murky amber / brown, with a light tan head that diminished quickly. Slight alcohol aroma in the nose, mostly overshadowed by the malt aroma. Malty, sweet, with a slight alcohol flavor....not sure of the ABV, but i would imagine 7%? Actually rather smooth palate, and a nice overall brew. Seems much closer to a English Strong Ale to me, much heavier than a normal amber. Probably hard to find outside Oregon, but worth a try.

brewshthereen (316) - Oregon, USA - JUN 29, 2004
This appears to be a brown ale. Nice toasty head. Aroma is roasted malt. Almost like a tootsie roll. Roasted, sour flavors. Thin and watery mouthfeel. This puckers my mouth. I question the freshness of my bottle. Alcohol is felt by the end of the glass, and is rather warming. However, as a winter offering I expected a more complex brew. Maybe thats just me, but I found this to be a let down.

Libeerian (209) - Garner, North Carolina, USA - MAR 9, 2003
This beer has a deep-copper color. The big aroma and flavor are hop-dominated but not by much. Ends with a fairly dry finish.