overall
Style: Premium Lager
Bangkok, Thailand
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1783   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.24/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A premium lager beer brewed from the finest ingredients, Singha is a full-bodied 100% barley malt beer that is distinctively rich in taste with strong hop characters. Brewed with three hops: Saaz, Perle and Hallertau. Editor’s Note: Recipe scaled down from 6% to 5% in 2007.

Stefano (2047) - Thisted, DENMARK - FEB 25, 2007
Poured very pale clear bubbly yellow with a large fizzy-foamy-rocky semi-lasting white head. Flavor pretty watery and light, but a little more substantiated than most lagers. Overall, not bad with a good spicey thai meal.

doubelknv3 (1093) - Illinois, USA - FEB 24, 2007
Mild hops aroma. Body has lite level of bitterness with notes of sweet malt. Has a hoppier finish than I expected.

jlelandg (1) - Dawson, Texas, USA - FEB 22, 2007 does not count
Tasty! Really good fresh on a hot day in Bangkok. It has a slight sweetness to it not very bitter. The alcohol content was nice sing I am used to drinking crap from China.

Cybercat (6337) - Georgia, USA - FEB 20, 2007
A typical lager. Nothing spectacular, but it is certainly more palatable than some beers (maybe I should say alleged beers) I have consumed. Appearance and smell are OK. Taste is crisp and not complex, and there is no bitterness, but it has no interesting undertones or hints. Fine for when you are watching a game or at a party.

HarryFlashman (469) - Chatham, Kent, ENGLAND - FEB 18, 2007
I went into Sainsbury’s t’other today to purchase a sewing machine, but come back with this little oriental treat - I wasn’t complaining, but my trousers, which needed sewing, were! Sweet, hoppy and dry. Very refreshing and nicely strong in a quaffable way, thus more of a thai martial artist’s kick than a ladyboy! I drank a 750ml bouteille of this with a thai green curry with mussels yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it - a great accompaniment to my excellent cooking.

yespr (48916) - Copenhagen O, DENMARK - FEB 10, 2007
33 cL bottle. Pours clear golden yellow with white head. Aroma is bubblegum and hoppy. Taste is classic asian lager: hoppy, sweet and pilsener malt with bitter to dry finish. Good.

tykjen (183) - Florø, NORWAY - FEB 3, 2007
Very pale and vith a light hoppy aroma. Easy drinking despite the strenght. Quite dry, but a bit sweetness from alcohol is evident in the finish. No off-flavors. A bit boring.

waolsen (1376) - Littleton, Colorado, USA - FEB 3, 2007
bottle. clear. golden. wheat. lemon, grainy. sweet. light. wheat. not good. urine. i heard this is made by children.

1.3
Crafty07 (404) - Florence, Kentucky, USA - FEB 2, 2007
I’ve read where this is classified as a ’strong pilsner’. I can see the comparison but I’m just not impressed. Too bland at the beginning and too hoppy at the end.

DrHomolka (761) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JAN 26, 2007
Draft. Pale yellow color with a small white head. Tatse is very bland, watery, and light. Tastes like a Bud Light. The only Thai beer I’ve ever had that I can remember and very disappointing.