overall
Style: Premium Lager
Bangkok, Thailand
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1783   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.24/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A premium lager beer brewed from the finest ingredients, Singha is a full-bodied 100% barley malt beer that is distinctively rich in taste with strong hop characters. Brewed with three hops: Saaz, Perle and Hallertau. Editor’s Note: Recipe scaled down from 6% to 5% in 2007.

1.2
maniac (3800) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - MAR 25, 2006
Clear pale yellow color with a thin fully diminishing white head. Aroma of light malt and corn. Flavor of grain and corn.

patrick767 (4474) - fort wayne, Indiana, USA - MAR 19, 2006
bottle - oh look, it’s another fizzy yellow beer. Truth be told, it’s not as bad as most beers of this type. Though I’m not sure where the commercial description gets "strong hop characters". The hops are definitely not strong and corn like malt flavors dominate. Anyway, it’s not terrible, but it’s not too good either. edit: hah... I wasn’t paying attention to my # of ratings and the milestone music caught me by surprise. If I’d noticed this was #200 I’d have made it the Rochefort 8 I just had tonight. Bah.

GG (2332) - NorCal, California, USA - MAR 12, 2006
I had this while having lunch with my best friend at some local Thai restaurant. Clean golden color with some medium sized carbonation with a snow-wite head. Aroma is lighly malted with some corn and very, very lightly hopped. Corn plays a large role in the taste as does the malt. Very crisp, very clean. I consider this to be drinkable WITH Thai food but I doubt I’d ever drink it by itself. Helps cut thru some of the spiciness of my Thai. Slightly above average IMO.

trafford (171) - Germantown, Tennessee, USA - MAR 7, 2006
A very malty beer that seems the norm for "Asian" beers. It tasted mush better when eating sushi and thai.

mephisto (1301) - TAIWAN - FEB 27, 2006
not much to say, a premium lager. be it thai, dutch, belgian, american, all pretty much the same to me.

gnoff (11138) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - FEB 27, 2006
UPDATED: NOV 11, 2017 Rating added 2/27/2006
Bottle from Swedish Systembolaget.
When it was still at 6% ABV
Pale golden with a very big white head. Malty scent. Some bitterness, malty taste. Long after taste, malty and sweet. A very nice beer with Asian (Thai) food, but perhaps not a beer that you grab just for good taste.
3/3/5/3/8=2.2

smcd (366) - USA - FEB 26, 2006
Actually, singha isn’t a bad beer and goes well with Thai food. A staple. There is very little to report about this beer, however.

stoutchap (424) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 25, 2006
UPDATED: APR 27, 2013 Re-rating after tasted in Bangkok April 2013. Poured clear golden with minimal white fizzy head. skunk and urinal biscuit in the nose. bland taste. Best ice cold - don’t let it get warm.

1.2
mcnally (114) - Burbank, California, USA - FEB 21, 2006
Bottle. I would have to say this is the worst beer I have tasted in a while. color is straw yellow. very thin mouthfeel with lots of carbonation. Aroma and taste both reminded me of urine. Don’t think I’ll try this beer again.

oldrtybastrd (5228) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - FEB 21, 2006
Pours a nice golden yellow. Aromas of malts, hops. Crisp hop bitterness and dry finish.