overall
Style: Premium Lager
Bangkok, Thailand
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1761   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.24/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A premium lager beer brewed from the finest ingredients, Singha is a full-bodied 100% barley malt beer that is distinctively rich in taste with strong hop characters. Brewed with three hops: Saaz, Perle and Hallertau. Editor’s Note: Recipe scaled down from 6% to 5% in 2007.

masedawg (156) - Statesville, North Carolina, USA - DEC 10, 2005
Aroma isnt too much to brag about. Light yellow in color with little head. Flavor is full of hops and a decent hint of spice. Better than average, but nothing to write home about. Goes well with Thai food.

mik82 (34) - ENGLAND - DEC 6, 2005
Bottled. Yellow colour, quite highly carbonated. Doesn’t taste of much but makes a good accompaniment to thai food. Better than the crappy UK brewed lagers anyway.

jujubeast6000 (854) - Houston, Texas, USA - DEC 2, 2005
12oz bottle from 24 variety pack: White head, moderately quickly diminshing. Not much aroma-slightly sweet, very light yellow in color, Bland flavor, nutty aftertaste, slightly fizzy.

stubby (334) - Santee, California, USA - DEC 2, 2005
How boring for a 100% malt beer can you get? Refreshing, but it distracted from my chinese food dinner that accompanied it. Slight butter flavor along with extreme carbonation. Watery aroma.

twindadplus2 (732) - Wisconsin, USA - DEC 1, 2005
Bottle. Very pale golden yellow with no head to speak of. Light grain and malt aroma. Flavor is surprisingly sweet with grain and a faint backbone of malt. Nowhere near as strong a flavor as I was expecting. Watery with a bit of a grainy feel on the palate and a slight metallic finish. Just didn’t do much for me.

scotty (1224) - SCOTLAND - NOV 29, 2005
Greeny gold in colour with practically no head. Some malt on the palate, and a lightly lingering finish, but overall, a bit of a disappointment. Have had this in the past and seem to remember enjoying it...but not that much tonight!

Storm (2684) - Amager, DENMARK - NOV 29, 2005
33 cl bottle. Pale golden colour with a nice white head. Aroma of hops and notes of maize and malt. Malty flavour with a dry finish with some crisp, ends up with a metalic unpleasant finish. But overall very common and average.

BeerMountie (117) - Placentia, Newfoundland, CANADA - NOV 27, 2005
355ml bottle. Pale golden colour. No head very little lacing. Aroma is rather offensive. The only flavour I’m getting from it is malt. I guess thats what they were trying for but its not for me.

1.3
newtrip (54) - USA - NOV 12, 2005
my sample was very skunked. I realize this affects my rating, but I feel I need to review it anyways. The aroma was roughly skunk and rotting vegetable matter. Not very nice. Appearance was pale yellow, perhaps urine color? Taste was watered down with cardboard and corn flavor. This was horrible. Ugh. If I can get a fresher sample, I will revisit this, but I can’t say I’m looking forward to it.

roder60 (1289) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 11, 2005
Poured a deep gold yellow color with a small amount of bubbly white head. Aroma was cornish and sweet. Flavor pretty watery and light, but a little more substantiated than most lagers. Overall, not bad with a good spicey thai meal.