overall

RATINGS: 1082   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.73/5   IBU: 103   EST. CALORIES: 273   ABV: 9.1%
It’s been less than a year since we released our four core beers in cans, and we’re ecstatic to announce a new addition to the flock. This isn’t a seasonal release, like the Autumnation of last fall or Diesel, still going ’round this winter. It isn’t our upcoming spring seasonal can, either. It’s a never-before-released, big beer in a slim, 12 oz. can with a potent burst of hops and as strong as an ox: Resin. We zeroed in on the botanical structure of the hop cone to get to the essence of this beer. When hops are at their peak maturity, their cores swell up with a sticky, golden, resinous substance that is the flavor you crave from an IPA. WIth an IBU of 103 and ABV of 9.1%, Resin can be loosely described as a double IPA — but rarely do Sixpoint beers adhere to any strict style demands.

daretobeblake (3) - USA - NOV 30, 2013 does not count
Excellent aroma and taste. Reasonably priced. $10 for 4 12oz cans. Expiration date 3 months to drink. A+

KansaiBeerLvrs (5300) - Kyoto, JAPAN - NOV 29, 2013
9.1% picked up in Copenhagen, I love these cans & the slogan "Beer is Culture". Fantastic orange gold color which to me is perfect for an IPA. Amazingly huge hop bouquet from this tiny can. Resin, pine, fruits, super appetizing. Fruity but then bitter with a resinous taste in the finish followed by more fruitiness. Really nice, I want to try more of Sixpoint’s stuff! Oh this is past the best by date(Sept. 17th, 2013) but it’s still damn good.

Errl (2442) - Plano, Texas, USA - NOV 25, 2013
Tap- Pour is golden with a nice white head..Nose is pine, pine, orange zest, light malt, light alcohol..Taste is sticky, hop, tropical fruits, bold, bitter, lasting hope bite..

acearl (510) - The Ham, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 23, 2013
Can exp date 10/30/13, cloudy dark gold hue with thick creamy white head, some lacing, smells of a spicy resin, some grapefruit smell and taste, short but sweet? bitterness, on the lighter side for a DIPA, similar to Firestone Union Jack best beer I have ever had from NYC?

alcaponejunior (438) - Texas, USA - NOV 20, 2013
Orange, a touch of haze, good head and sticky lace. Aroma and flavor match the name, very resiny hoppy, with a touch of malt backbone just for a hint of the semblance of balance, and the lightest sweetness. Hops mostly dominate tho, with pine, citrus, a touch of spice perhaps. Body is very nice, almost chewy, much thicker than many double IPAs, but that doesn’t take away at all, if anything it’s a plus. Resinous, bitter, oily finish. Very nice, I’m glad I picked up a four pack. I will try another four pack of a different sixpoint beer next time I shop for commercial beer. My only suggestion for the brewery is that their packages aren’t clearly labeled as to what style of beer is contained within. I was a little hesitant to pick up a four and try them because I wasn’t sure which one was which style. Decided to just take a chance on this one, figuring resin COULD mean IPA or IIPA (but I suppose it could have meant other things too). Overall, a very tasty and interesting take on a IIPA. I will certainly buy this one again. I like the slim-line cans too, they fit on the door of a fridge more efficiently.

Mep3222 (1609) - East Greenbush, New York, USA - NOV 11, 2013
Aroma of malt and hops. Mostly malt but some piney hop aroma as well. Taste is very piney. Like chewing a pine tree. Almost oily hops. But very piney flavored and bitter resinous finish. Much too far on the pine hop aroma for me, but if that is the hop profile you are after this could be an amazing beer for you. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

MrBeerFanatic (1067) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - NOV 10, 2013
Pours a medium amber orange hues that is a little cloudy with a decent head. Aromas grapefruit, citrus, caramel, fruity all around. Flavors grapefruit, citrus, little pine and some caramel in the back. Medium to high bitterness and medium sweet. A great all around DIPA with some great fruity aromas.

fishonmyplane (505) - Newington, Connecticut, USA - NOV 6, 2013
Very bitter. Medium malt backbone, which gives it at least a hint of balance. Resiny, dank, sticky, citrusy hops. Not much subtlety or complexity, just an in-your-face DIPA. I don’t think it’s as unique as they make it out to be, but it’s a good representation of the style. Unfortunately I haven’t really been into the ultra-bitter IPA’s lately, otherwise I might have rated this one a bit higher.

Strife21 (338) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 5, 2013
Pours copperish amber with a finger of thick foamy head. Head laces glass. Smells of resin, hops, pine and citrus. Bitter danky hop flavor with notes of resin and pine. Not much if any malt presence. Not much sweetness either. Medium body, lightly carbonated. Not as complex as I’d prefer.

burg326 (5593) - Florida, USA - NOV 2, 2013
Poured an amber orange color with aromas of huge pine and citrus. A very nice hop unchain the aroma. Flavors are pine, resin, citrus, hoppy as hell, but enjoyable. I think ill have another.