overall

RATINGS: 1087   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.73/5   IBU: 103   EST. CALORIES: 273   ABV: 9.1%
It’s been less than a year since we released our four core beers in cans, and we’re ecstatic to announce a new addition to the flock. This isn’t a seasonal release, like the Autumnation of last fall or Diesel, still going ’round this winter. It isn’t our upcoming spring seasonal can, either. It’s a never-before-released, big beer in a slim, 12 oz. can with a potent burst of hops and as strong as an ox: Resin. We zeroed in on the botanical structure of the hop cone to get to the essence of this beer. When hops are at their peak maturity, their cores swell up with a sticky, golden, resinous substance that is the flavor you crave from an IPA. WIth an IBU of 103 and ABV of 9.1%, Resin can be loosely described as a double IPA — but rarely do Sixpoint beers adhere to any strict style demands.

fishonmyplane (505) - Newington, Connecticut, USA - NOV 6, 2013
Very bitter. Medium malt backbone, which gives it at least a hint of balance. Resiny, dank, sticky, citrusy hops. Not much subtlety or complexity, just an in-your-face DIPA. I don’t think it’s as unique as they make it out to be, but it’s a good representation of the style. Unfortunately I haven’t really been into the ultra-bitter IPA’s lately, otherwise I might have rated this one a bit higher.

Strife21 (338) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 5, 2013
Pours copperish amber with a finger of thick foamy head. Head laces glass. Smells of resin, hops, pine and citrus. Bitter danky hop flavor with notes of resin and pine. Not much if any malt presence. Not much sweetness either. Medium body, lightly carbonated. Not as complex as I’d prefer.

burg326 (5608) - Florida, USA - NOV 2, 2013
Poured an amber orange color with aromas of huge pine and citrus. A very nice hop unchain the aroma. Flavors are pine, resin, citrus, hoppy as hell, but enjoyable. I think ill have another.

mverity (362) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - NOV 1, 2013
I really like the head on this beer... Great retention, but larger bubbles than I’m used to seeing from IPAs; but the lacing is fairly poor. The aroma is very floral and super hoppy but with a candy-like sweetness behind. The taste is great for the style, but this isn’t my IPA. Too much of piney/resinous hop character. I admit that it is well balanced and has the great hop forwardness people enjoy in DIPAs; however, I just can’t get into this beer. I find this beer a tad thin for a DIPA too. I do enjoy the hop bite on my tongue. I’ll definitely suggest this beer for people who like more pine or resin or earth in their IPAS.

SpringsLicker (3677) - Tennessee, USA - OCT 30, 2013
Slightly hazy medium yellow body with a fleeting white head. Sweet, spicy fruity malt aroma. The flavor is slightly to the sweet side, but balanced nicely by the hop bitterness. Really hides the alcohol well.

Xaltotun (5) - Bern, SWITZERLAND - OCT 24, 2013 does not count
from "drinks of the world" in Bern. Aroma: Intense Hops , grass and some citrus. Taste suprises with an unexpected sweetness, followed by fruity hops and a very bitter palate. nice!

luttonm (6763) - Seattle, Washington, USA - OCT 22, 2013
Thanks to my friends Gretchen and Glen who had a can of this waiting for my arrival in Queens last week. Turns out to be a super tasty beer. Can in New York City. First real beer of the trip. Very tart resinous hops way up front (they want me to say that, right?), good earthy, floral hop flavors are the backbone of the beer. Very Good bittering and super tasty, with residual sweetness making it a sticky beer, with a bit of a juicy body to meld together the heavy hops and alcohol. Its a very nice tasting beer, that I would be happy to have around any time. Very drinkable for this profile, great freshness too. 3.8

Indra (2710) - Suburbia, Kansas, USA - OCT 19, 2013
12oz. can. Aroma of strongly piney, citric hops, leafy and floral with a light, honeyish sweetness in the background. Hazy light-medium golden amber in color with a fine, sparse head. Flavor profile is full of fruity, fresh, citric, piney, dank hops, with a light, floral sweetness appearing briefly, thereafter dominated by a truly bitter hop presence towards the finish, lingering peppery, spicy, and yes, resinous. Mouthfeel is slick with hop oils, drying and long, body is rather full. Extra hoppy, nicely blended also.

Dedollewaitor (16393) - Odense, DENMARK - OCT 18, 2013
Can @ kihoskh. Pours cloudy golden with a small creamy head. Fresh piney hops. Tropical fruit, mandarine and orange. Smooth, sticky and crisp. Really hoppy and bitter with a low sweetness. Lovely!

JBPortland (1564) - Hampton Roads, Virginia, USA - OCT 14, 2013
12oz can pours clear copper with 1 finger head that fades quick. Nose is grassy pine, pineapple, mango, kiwi. Mouthfeel is sharp up front, crisp, full bodied. Taste is huge bitter pine, greens, lettuce, occasional citrus notes. Finish is big bitterness, celery, fruity notes, earthy, dank. Awesome hop bomb.