overall

RATINGS: 1102   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.73/5   IBU: 103   EST. CALORIES: 273   ABV: 9.1%
It’s been less than a year since we released our four core beers in cans, and we’re ecstatic to announce a new addition to the flock. This isn’t a seasonal release, like the Autumnation of last fall or Diesel, still going ’round this winter. It isn’t our upcoming spring seasonal can, either. It’s a never-before-released, big beer in a slim, 12 oz. can with a potent burst of hops and as strong as an ox: Resin. We zeroed in on the botanical structure of the hop cone to get to the essence of this beer. When hops are at their peak maturity, their cores swell up with a sticky, golden, resinous substance that is the flavor you crave from an IPA. WIth an IBU of 103 and ABV of 9.1%, Resin can be loosely described as a double IPA — but rarely do Sixpoint beers adhere to any strict style demands.

Itzjerm (2866) - Taft, Tennessee, USA - AUG 23, 2013
Not impressed sweet no aroma. Light hop overall lame. Bitter hop boring. Thin head fades quick no aroma. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

djd07 (14508) - Houston, Texas, USA - AUG 23, 2013
On tap at mellow mushroom. Pours a clear gold with medium frothy white head. The aroma is a strong floral hop and hemp. Medium mouthfeel with strong sweet hop and strong bitter finish.

Elwood (3336) - Leesburg, Virginia, USA - AUG 23, 2013
Serving: Can from Total Wine Sterling. It pours a clear amber color with a rather dense off white head. The nose is well, resinous! Nice citrus and herbal hop notes in there too. The flavor is hop forward as you might imagine. Mirrors the nose for the most part with a little toasted malt and a slight fruitiness in there. Lingering bitter finish. Well done.

Handypaul (552) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - AUG 19, 2013
Can. Pours amber with a 1 inch head that disappears too quickly leaving a small bit of lacing. Citrus / grapefruit aroma, full body, dry, well balanced, hides alcohol very well, bitter and with a brief dry finish. Quite good.

gripweed57 (2460) - Hamilton Square, New Jersey, USA - AUG 17, 2013
12 ounce can. Bright amber orange color topped by a large foamy beige head. Aroma of toasted malt and citrus hops. Flavor is tart toasted malt and grapefruit hops. Bittersweet and complex. A fine example of an east cost DIPA.

Brew42 (62) - - AUG 13, 2013
I ordered this because I couldn’t hear the bartender and when she said "Sixpoint" I took my chances and nodded. Normally I hate IPAs but I can actually say I enjoyed it. Appearance- Pours light amber with a foamy head that leaves some lacing. Smell-Hoppy and piney. Some citrus Taste-Piney and hoppy but not overbearing. There is an acidic bitterness to most IPAs that I can;t get past but this beer doesn’t have it. Not nearly as bitter as I would expect. There is also some citrus and caramel notes. MF-Nice carbonation, medium body. Overall- The best IPA I have ever had but keep in mind I liked it because it lacked the bitterness that most people enjoy in their IPAs.

rajendra82 (1093) - Alpharetta, Georgia, USA - AUG 13, 2013
Clear, orange amber colored body, with a smaller than typical head for the style, but with a lot of latent carbonation steamers. The smell was a bit more subdued than I expected, with some grapefruit and mango, and ironically not a lot of pine resin. The taste was a bit more of a hop showcase, as there was a lot of herbal notes up front. The malt showed up more forcefully shortly afterwards, and gave a tropical punch (mostly orange and pineapple) like sweetness, before fading away into a floral hop finish. Clean feel in the mouth, tending be be neither too slippery nor too sticky. Not the best DIPA I’ve ever had, but very comforting to fall back to a familiar pleasure from time to time.

Dpaquet (420) - Trois-rivieres, Quebec, CANADA - AUG 13, 2013
Pour is hazy amber with white head and good lacing. Aroma is piney, citrus, malt. Taste is piney, resin, grapefruits, caramel, sweet. Medium body and medium carb. Too much sweet malts to make it refreshing. Ok but i was expecting more.

VT (2527) - Quebec City, Quebec, CANADA - AUG 12, 2013
Can. Pours a hazy golden orange with a short lived white head. Aroma is hops, resin, pine tree. Flavor is hoppy, citrusy, fruity. Finish is very bitter, some lemon, grapefruit and other citrus, floral. Very well balanced. Medium to strong body, soft mouthfeel, average carbonation. Very solid.

shroud0fdoom (150) - Maryland, USA - AUG 12, 2013
Look: Bright orange body, 1 finger white head. Smell: Dense pine, red papaya, dank floral, sweet cereal grains. Taste: Wet pine, papaya, passion fruit, mild mint, hints of citric rind, smooth clean bitterness, slightly dry finish. Feel: Medium body, bubbly carbonation. Overall: I don’t know why I haven’t review this brew before, but yeah the name says it all. Hop Resin is what this brew contains. The Malt and Hops actually work hand in hand with each other so no one screams "I’m the greater". When warms the Tropical notes dominate. This brew is Recommended.