overall
RATINGS: 496   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.69/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
A refreshingly smooth, full-bodied lager, with a subtle touch of all natural honey which creates a slightly sweet finish.

whiterabbit81 (244) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - MAY 2, 2003
Seemed like it taste much better in Canada. Sort of a dirty flavor, with a nice dose of honey. Really nice color and appearance in general. It's tasty but nothing to write home about. As a sidenote, the guy in Canada told me this was a microbrew!! BS!!!!!!

Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - APR 6, 2003
Nice medium dark amber color,poured a light head that faded fast.aroma was lightly honey sweet,mildly hoped nice honey sweet flavor.nothing special but definately better then the michelob honey.i could get used to this one but i think the honey would get to me after 3 or 4 brews.Over all pretty decent brew.

vwsteggie (684) - Paxton, Massachusetts, USA - APR 6, 2003
Has a slightly darker golden/brown color with a sweet smell. Taste is also sweet from the honey, but not too sweet and finishes like your average lager. Overall not too bad and cane be refreshing on a hot day.

MicroRob (42) - Kelowna, British Columbia, CANADA - MAR 12, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 20, 2003 I've tried this in a few restaurants from the bottle that was old and boy was it skunky. When fresh it is an average Lager with sweeter note. Mass marketed for the folks who don't know a lot about good micros but like to be on the band wagon.

Duffbeer (192) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 20, 2003
This beer was a lot better than I had anticpated based on other Sleeman Samplings. A little too much honey taste though.

BeerPrince (1701) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - FEB 17, 2003
Clear golden/orange colour. Thin head. Nose of honey (of course)and hops. Falvour is of honey which makes the beer quite sweet and toasted grain. Finish is slightly bitter but overly fizzy still. I have had many of these in my days and enjoyed the different flavour, that is until I started trying porters, stouts and bocks.

Pjones6738 (500) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 10, 2003
This beer poured orange, not brown, with a fluffy white head. Slightly pleasant honey smell. Taste of honey, but much more sour.

michaelm18 (118) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 9, 2003
I knew from the beginning it would be a sweet beer but I thought it was actually a little too sweet.

TipsyMcStager (1139) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - FEB 5, 2003
I have to say I have a soft spot in my heart for Sleeman. When I was in university we used to drive to the brewery and throw the still-warm kegs in the back of my buddy's pickup, then wave goodbye to John Sleeman. Good times! Back to the beer - probably Sleeman's best of an otherwise average group. Pours a nice copper, head stays suprisingly long. Honey undertones and a bit of a bitter bite. Refreshing.

OKBeer (1171) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - JAN 31, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 11, 2003 Lightly bitter and sweet flavour combination. Tends to be fizzy and prickly.