overall

RATINGS: 23   MEAN: 3.31/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
This malty and flavorful beer is deep copper red in color and has a remarkably smooth taste. Brown sugar augments the grain bill to add a sweet mouth-feel that blends exquisitely with ample Cascade hops. Enjoy! (OG 1.074, IBU’s 28-30, Alc 6.5% a/v)

shigadeyo (3764) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JUL 10, 2009

6/09/2009: Sleeping Lady Braveheart Scottish Ale has a similar appearance as the 49er Amber but is maltier, less roasty, and has more brown sugar flavor and sweetness. It is medium-bodied, soft and smooth with hints of sweet, dark fruis in the finish. I like the vanilla-citrus hoppiness that is balanced with toasted grains and a touch of caramel. This is a pretty good representation of a Scottish Ale that pairs very well with the Pineapple Bread Pudding!

Sample (draught) at the Snow Goose Restaurant/Sleeping Lady Brewing Company in Anchorage, Alaska. Rating #14 for this beer.

lakersfan16 (53) - Anchorage, Alaska, USA - FEB 6, 2009
Pours a copper red color with a small tan head. Aroma of honey and caramel. Roasted and caramel malt gives a nice sweetness and a touch of bitterness.

mabel (9245) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 11, 2008
[1668-20080906] Tap. Sweet honeyed malt aroma has a bit of caramel. Clear, dark brown red body with a quick bubbly light tan head. Caramel malt and roasted sweet leaves flavour. Medium-full body. A little rough but so was the man, I hear.
(@ brewpub; Anchorage, AK)

jercraigs (10731) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 11, 2008
2008-09-06. Deep ruby tinged brown body with a small tan head. (3+) Flavour has a good sweet malt base with earth character and touches of sugar, alcohol. Surprisingly amount of bitterness is okay, but not what I look for in a scotch ale. (6+) Mild malt aroma has an earth character that foreshadows the same in the flavour. (6+) Average palate is adequate but thin for my preference. On tap at the brewpub.

hoppybeers4me (15) - Ohio, USA - JUL 21, 2008
On tap at the brewpub July 10. Gorgeous copper red color. Very malty, tasted of brown sugar and cascade hops, although the malt definitely overwhelmed the hops. Smooth and creamy, with sweetness on the front, yet finished kinda weak in my book. Can’t begin to compare to my favorite, Founder’s Dirty Bastard.

MrRain (472) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JAN 21, 2008
One of my absolute favorite beers of all times. Unfortunately I can’t give the rating justice. I had this beer years & years ago. I’m transferring an old rating to my current account.

spadedbearsays (9) - USA - JUL 26, 2007 does not count
Stopped by the snow goose while in anchorage. Had the bravehart and it wasnt too bad, kinda safe for a scottish ale, didn’t have too much flavor but was a good addition to the steak and halibut....

jsquire (4563) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - JAN 28, 2006
On tap at the 06 Great Alaska Beer and Barley Wine Festival. Murky dark amber color with a foamy tan head that quickly dissapates to a ring. Roasted grain nose with some hints of something I’ll call leather. Malty beer with some ripe plum, dark sugar and an almost burnt grain roastiness.

Braudog (6803) - Yorktown, Virginia, USA - JUL 17, 2005
On draft at the brewpub 7/6/05: Brown beer. Smooth malt with an undertone of sweet sugar and sharp finish. Drinkable, but not a "scottish" to be sure.

LJBrewing (22) - Anchorage, Alaska, USA - JUL 7, 2005
I think they meant Scotch ale and not Scottish. There is a big difference. Irregardless my sample had an off butterscotch flavour which was distracting and was slighty cloudy as well. The Hop rate was appropiate to balance the malty/sweeness. But low score reflects the poor quality of the pint I had.