overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 55   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Created with pale, malted barley, European hops, and special aromatic hops and a subtle touch of blueberry in the finish. The best selling blueberry ale in America

rodolito (163) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 6, 2003
Poured a hazy yellow/gold with a thin white head. Aroma chock full of sweet blueberries. Blueberry dominated the flavor, with a light malt and faint hop aftertaste. Moderately carbonated (fizzy on the tongue) and moderate mouthfeel. Less blueberry and more of other flavors would make this more appealing to me.

akinm (282) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 6, 2003
Blueberries up the wazoo! a dark golden body with poor clarity is not really exciting. the aroma is bluebarry pancakes, not bad if it is sunday morning but this was monday night and i wanted a beer! the flavor almost had some malt in it but then the blueberries came back to haunt me. they were everywhere, no balance here. at least the body was on the light side and the carbonation was moderate so this scooted out of range of the taste buds farely quickly.

Blake (396) - Orange, California, USA - MAR 1, 2003
Had from bottle on March 1, 2003
An interesting beer, I picked this one up out of sheer curiosity. How many blueberry ales are there (I'm sure I could search and find out, but this is one of two I know of). The beer poured a hazy yellow (a bit darker than the normal ale) with a normal sized, quickly gone head. The aroma has a strong blueberry scent which is a sweet smell that accentuates the positives in this beer. The beer has a pleasant blueberry flavoring with a slight hint of malt. I'm not a real fan of the fruity beers (other than <a href=ShowBeer.asp?BeerID=1195&FanOfID=5164>Rode Alexander - which to be exact isn't a "fruit beer"). But this one was a pleasant surprise and was easy to drink with a sweet aftertaste. Recommended.

TheTsunami (162) - Arizona, USA - FEB 14, 2003
Incredibly surprised. Didn't realize it was bottle conditioned prior to opening it, so there are remnants on the carpet. Party foul boys and girls. Nice sweet blueberry nose. BLueberry flavor is prevalent in the front. Fades in the middle and is just an unassuming standard at the end. Very Nice.

666seth (229) - California, USA - JAN 17, 2003
Decent head, pours in hazy amber in color. Didn't like the aroma of Blueberry, didn't like the disturbing taste of blueberries. But thats just me

microdyke (360) - Portland, Oregon, USA - DEC 25, 2002
I only gave it a high mark because I was pleasantly surprised. Fruit beers can really be fake in flavor sometimes. This beer tasted like real blueberries. It was almost peppery.

stephen (308) - California, USA - DEC 2, 2002
Bottle. Bottle conditioned. Copper with coarse head. Way over carbonated. I can’t stop burping its so bad. But for a fruit beer the flavor is subtle and the base beer is very simple and clean. Crisp with a hint of bitterness. Tone down the carbonation and I actually might try this one again during the summer.

beerguy101 (5360) - Newark, California, USA - OCT 4, 2002
Light golden color, large head, and intense blueberry nose. Mildly hopped and mildly malted, slightly sweet. Blueberry flavor is mild and subdued. Finish is clean. Aftertaste is slightly sweet and fruity some bitterness.

mancer99 (13) - California, USA - SEP 7, 2002
I’m a sucker for a good fruit beer and I think blueberry blends particularly well. Recommended.

austinpowers (2828) - San Francisco, California, USA - JUL 19, 2002
The aroma is choked with blueberries. The flavor, less so. Altogether a nice fruity beer, though I’m not eager for another. But I must admit this was well done. Seems to be a pale ale underneath, as I detect some bitterness.