overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 53   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Created with pale, malted barley, European hops, and special aromatic hops and a subtle touch of blueberry in the finish. The best selling blueberry ale in America

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
akinm (282) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 6, 2003
Blueberries up the wazoo! a dark golden body with poor clarity is not really exciting. the aroma is bluebarry pancakes, not bad if it is sunday morning but this was monday night and i wanted a beer! the flavor almost had some malt in it but then the blueberries came back to haunt me. they were everywhere, no balance here. at least the body was on the light side and the carbonation was moderate so this scooted out of range of the taste buds farely quickly.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BeaverBrown (245) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAR 24, 2003
This is a gold clear beer. I could not taste the blueberry in this beer. I felt it had more of a peppery taste and you could tell it was from a bottle.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
dwyerpg (5829) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - NOV 6, 2006
Well, it smells strongly of blueberries and it tastes like blueberries too, but in the end this is not so tasty. On tap at the Yard House in Anaheim.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
BBB63 (6557) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - SEP 18, 2003
Straw hue with quickly disappearing head, no lace. Aroma is blueberry of course, but also detected some aromatic hops and toasted malts. Flavor is bland with the blueberry tasting coy and the characteristics of the ale too subdued. Minor bitter and acidic finish. Thin-bodied with a watery and fizzy mouthfeel. I've had better blueberry beers (Dark Horse and Back Road), this one is on my pass list.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Saarlander (1686) - Saarlouis, GERMANY - AUG 6, 2006
Huge blueberry aroma, but thats about all, slight blueberry aftertaste, very watery, easy to chug, but nothing great.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
666seth (229) - California, USA - JAN 17, 2003
Decent head, pours in hazy amber in color. Didn't like the aroma of Blueberry, didn't like the disturbing taste of blueberries. But thats just me

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
kp (10883) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - DEC 12, 2007
Date: 12/03/2007
Mode: Bottle
Source: Roadtrip

clear amber, fine beige head, bits of lace, the tart blueberr aroma fills the area as soon as you pour the beer, closer inspection revels light caramel malt with a tart grape skin character, light caramel malt flavor, light fruity character appears with a touch of sweetness, lingering tart blueberry finish,

Aroma: 4/10; Appearance: 6/10; Flavor: 4/10; Palate: 6/10; Overall: 6/20
Rating: 2/5.0
Drinkability: 5/10
Score: *+/4

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
OldMrCrow (2427) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUL 18, 2006
From the bottle. Pours clear amber with a moderate head.

I cant understand the generally high ratings that this one has received. I think its pretty close to awful, but I got to try it in such a nice way that in the general spirit of Mothers "If you dont have anything nice to say...", Id rather talk about that than about why I dont like the beer.

<hr>

Theres this guy who sells fruit down near the beach. Hes always got marvellous fruit thats he has driven over from the farms on the east side of the state --- the real stuff, strawberries that taste like strawberries instead of the waxy facsimile they sell in supermarkets these days, rainier cherries, peaches that take your breath away, glorious raspberries, the whole deal. Anyway, he and I shoot the bull every time I stop by to see him

The other day I asked how he was doing.

Im doing great! Ive got the best job in the world," he answered. "I just sit here in the shade and all day long, smiling women in bikinis bring me money."

"I know the feeling," I lied. "But moneys nothing. You know youve got it made when you can get them to bring you beer."

"They do" he answered, and I laughed. "No really, they do..."

So today I stopped by there again, and bought the usual assortment of fruit. He said "Hey...Ive got something for you. This woman up the hill dropped these by for me today." He pulled out a SLO Brewing Co. Blueberry Ale (not distributed in Washington state, to the best of my knowledge) and handed me one. "Here - try this. I havent tried it yet, but she swears its good stuff." So along with my eight apricots, my pint of raspberries, and my pint blueberries, I got to try this beer that Id never seen before. Pretty good deal!

<hr>

So thats the story. As for the beer? Strong blueberry aroma. Flavor of melon, unripe papaya, and a bit of blueberry on top of a rather skunky pale ale. Bitter, metallic finish tinged with melon that does nothing to improve it. Yuck.

But who cares! What a great way to pick up a new beer. Ill throw it a couple of points on the overall just for that.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
after4ever (7714) - Brier, Washington, USA - SEP 29, 2007
12-oz. Got this as something of a gag gift from a GF who brought it back from a road trip. She says "this is disgusting. Try it."
Pours clear lmedium amber with a tall, dense, moussy tan head that falls away quickly to film. Not much lace. Smells like some sort of frozen blueberry syrup concentrate. Hits you as soon as you crack it, much less pour it. Big synthetic vibes off this one. Get your nose in it, and it smells like white sugar and dust, maybe some bubble gum.
Attack is watery and sticky (how did they do that?). Almost flat. Cloying artificial sweetener flavor on top of some caramel and a thick blast of blueberry. Tastes like breakfast cereal. Not much finish. Im already burping up booberries and Ive only had one sip. I think its time this beer got to know my septic tank a little better.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
RSRIZZO (1972) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - NOV 4, 2007
Had this beer on 2/11/1998. Color is a golden yellow with a haze to it, carbonation and head are low. The aroma is a sweet blueberry scent that reminds me of a blueberry cereal. Taste is the worst part about this beer, it starts with a crisp body and goes down a little sharp. The finish is the worst, leaving you with what I can best describe as a pepper taste, there is no sign of blueberry at all.