RATINGS: 6   MEAN: 3.5/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.12/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 192   ABV: 6.4%

Most RecentTicked By

Dawghouse Brewers99's rating

Dawghouse Brewers99 (91) - Exeter, California, USA - JAN 10, 2002
Malty aroma. Medium head leaves lacing on the glass. Medium carbonation. Malty flavor finishes with a hop bitterness. This beer had an off flavor I couldn’t identify.

doubleo (1432) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 30, 2007
Pours a light brownish red color with a very thin off-white head. Smells of malty sweetness, like molasses or syrup. Tastes very sweet with a kind of dark sugar. Sweet dark malt flavors. Thickish. Drinks like a bigger, darker beer. Could use a little more carbonation. Not bad. I could drink a few of these.

beerguy101 (5360) - Newark, California, USA - OCT 4, 2002
Medium amber color, medium head. Slightly malty, slightly hoppy. Nice aroma. Crisp with a nice malt flavor, somewhat hoppy. Finish is clean and crisp. Aftertaste is somewhat bitter, somewhat matly.

Sickboy282 (1114) - San Diego, California, USA - MAY 21, 2002
This is best marzen style lager I have tasted ever. I would still drink their extra pale ale if I had the choice.

theslick199 (26) - California, USA - NOV 13, 2001
A little darker in color than their Extra Pale Ale but tastes similar, which is nice. I’ve heard that SLO Brewing has quit bottling their beers but I found some last weekend so who knows.

Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - NOV 14, 2000
Only got to sample one bottle, nice and bold, malty with a nice hop sting at the finish.