Smuttynose Belgian Style White Ale

overall
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 12   MEAN: 2.25/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.3/5   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
Hazy pale gold in color brewed with orange peel and coriander.

Hopistotle420 (1178) - Amherst, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 16, 2002
Smells like urine, terribly unflattering. White head dissipates quickly. Coriander is evident and dominating, but thats about all this beer is. Coriander and some light carbonation. Orange and light fruit, banana, and nothing much. Terribly bland and flat.

jcalbi (380) - Medford, New Jersey, USA - MAY 4, 2002
Bright glowing yellow/straw color with low to nearly flat carbonation. Ever so slight fruity/yeasty aroma. Mild spiceyness hidden behind a citrusy spritz.Not awful, just plain dull, boring and uninteresting. Hoegaarden and Mannekin Pis are much better examples of this style.

Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - MAR 10, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 6, 2004 There is something wrong with this beer. If I had to guess too much orange peel, too early in the mash. That and not enough malt.

omhper (25132) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - MAR 3, 2002
Pale yellow, hazy. Clean with some lemon peel flavour.

turtlehead (111) - Nottingham, New Hampshire, USA - JAN 7, 2002
Too much bananas, and I had to roll it around to get the yeast back into the beer. Not bad but not a favorite. Cheers!

Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - NOV 11, 2001
It has a decent nose, but the taste is weak, some malt and a little hop presence noted. Cloudy and a bit tart, but not a good offering from this fine brewery.

VENOM (941) - Connecticut, USA - OCT 9, 2001
I didn’t think it was vile but it was pretty lame for a white. Evident but unflattering orange/coriander mix. Crisp and bubbly with no head and no yeast sediment in the bottle. Also had a metallic coppery twang to it. My bottle was older so this may not be a fair review.

Jimmylib (169) - old bridge, New Jersey, USA - AUG 29, 2001
I couldn’t even swallow a sip of it. I really have never tasted anything as vile as this.

fishman (350) - Philadelphia, USA - AUG 19, 2001
I wish I could give zero ratings, just for thsi beer. It reeks of shitty tequila, and tastes about as pleasant. Now, I do like tequila, and sometimes I don’t even mind that its tainting my beer(Tequiza), but this was beyond foul. I thought for sure I was going to vomit from one sip. I think this experience shaved some years off of my life. I pray that this was bad, and it isn’t supposed to taste this awful.

Delbomber (387) - Philadelphia, USA - AUG 16, 2001
This is UNQUESTIONABLY, UNDOUBTEDLY, UNDENIABLY the most foul ’beer’ with which I have EVER had the misfortune and displeasure of crossing paths. I was first bludgeoned over the head by its bold, pungent TEQUILA aroma. Plain, translucent brown, I almost didn’t taste this. Fishman tasted it immediately before me and his reaction was so adverse that I would have been content to take his word for it. However, I eventually took a gulp and immediately regretted it, as it tastes quite disgusting, like a watered-down, carbonated tequila. I am going to have to change my ratings for Coor’s and Old English because they can not share the same rating as this...this IS the worst.