Smuttynose Belgian Style White Ale

overall
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 13   MEAN: 2.25/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.3/5   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
Hazy pale gold in color brewed with orange peel and coriander.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Delbomber (387) - Philadelphia, USA - AUG 16, 2001
This is UNQUESTIONABLY, UNDOUBTEDLY, UNDENIABLY the most foul beer with which I have EVER had the misfortune and displeasure of crossing paths. I was first bludgeoned over the head by its bold, pungent TEQUILA aroma. Plain, translucent brown, I almost didnt taste this. Fishman tasted it immediately before me and his reaction was so adverse that I would have been content to take his word for it. However, I eventually took a gulp and immediately regretted it, as it tastes quite disgusting, like a watered-down, carbonated tequila. I am going to have to change my ratings for Coors and Old English because they can not share the same rating as this...this IS the worst.

Aubrey (3516) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - JUN 21, 2001
Very aromatic and intensely flavored. A little sticky and sweet, but not enough to distract you from its other wonderful flavors and aromas. One of Smuttynoses best, in my opinion. Not the greatest Belgian Wit Ive had, but its definitely one of the best American-made Belgian Wits Ive had! Cheers to Smuttynose.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Sammys (428) - Portland, Maine, USA - JAN 30, 2001
Had the classic Belgian white cloudy appearence, everything it should have been. This had a slightly more fruity aroma that Im used to, and it carried through into the taste. Very mild aftertaste with citrus hints. A touch too sweet for the style, but I can see a lot of people potentially like this more than Allagash white. However, I feel that Allagash is more faithful to the style.