overall
RATINGS: 42   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.36/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Deep amber in color, this beer is available in August.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
muzzlehatch (4911) - Beloit, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 14, 2002
Medium-dark amber, very clear, small fast-thinning head. Slightly smoky, malty nose is rather indistinct. Flavor also somewhat smoky, more bitter than usual but not extraordinarily so, thinnish body. OK.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
HighGravity (926) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - OCT 12, 2002
This is a very festive beer indeed. The beer looks like fall in a glass. Malty and smooth with a slight noble hop finish. Very good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - AUG 4, 2002
The best version I have ever had, my friend and i did a tasting 6 Oktoberfests and this one won the cake.Huge toastiness to balance,malt and hops.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
MartinT (9617) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 7, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 19, 2004 Playful caramel malt with assertive lemon hops…Loads of oranges unite the two but the game is not as lush and everlasting as I remember...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Schroppfy (2360) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - FEB 26, 2002
Very enjoyable. Rich malty aroma, quite typical for the few Marzens I’ve had. It does have a smokiness that others have commented on, and, to my palate, a good twangy long-lasting bitterness. Lacks some of the Oomph of the Sudwerk Marzen.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
turtlehead (111) - Nottingham, New Hampshire, USA - JAN 7, 2002
This mildly malty October is more what I like. I am not a big fan of lagers, but with the malts this beer brings, I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing it next year. Thanks GB, P, and Olive. Cheers!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Aubrey (3509) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - DEC 4, 2001
Clear, copper-colored; big head but dissipated quickly... and was gone. Starts smooth, finishes a little rough, carbonated, burnt, and smokey. Does have a nice roasted / woodsy flavor though. Left behind a dry bitterness in the roof of my mouth and a burnt, hoppy bitterness - as well as some sourness - on the back/sides of my tongue. Not bad, but a little overdone.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Belgik (72) - Sterrebeek, BELGIUM - NOV 14, 2001
Beautiful color, deep amber, foams well. Forgot the aroma (not a ’live’ report, not noted...) Short in taste, not very good, really.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Oakes (16466) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 11, 2001
Orangey-brown; caramel, light tobacco smoke; palate is light, good bitter backbone, caramel finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
daboskabouter (1470) - Fergus, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 11, 2001
AMber color. What seemed like a french fry (I know it sounds stupid, but that’s what I got) aroma. Bland I thought, but I don’t know if I’ve ever had a Oktoberfest that I loved.