overall
RATINGS: 186   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.1/5   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Jenny Lake Lager is an amber colored Vienna style lager. An authentic German lager yeast strain insures a mild profile. Imported German malts impart a rich, caramel flavor which is balanced with the subtle use of continental hop varieties. The malt forward, slightly sweet profile of Snake River Lager makes it a fine complement to pizzas and red meat.

adnielsen (10601) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - SEP 14, 2014
In the can @ the rake dungeon. Thanks to R@@@ for grabbing me this in Lander, WY. Pours a bit hazy reddish orange appearance with a cream colored head. Definitely some caramel and bread in the nose with some herbal / grassy notes as well. The flavor is a bit on the sweet side. Some toasted grain, caramel, and dough offered in the flavor as well. A hint of fruit. Alright.

Bill Becker (1005) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - AUG 28, 2014
This one pours from 12oz bottle a medium gold with a large head of foam that shrinks slowly leaving just a few small "islands and some lacing" by the end of the session. This is one pretty beer to look at, for sure. The smell is a nice mix of sweet malt tempered by some citrus hops. Delicate but nice. The taste on first sip has an abundance of sweet malt and grain with a good earthy presence. Further sips in and I get a bit of hoppiness but the malt is king here and..swishing the brew in my mouth, I get a kind of a candy sugar flavour that is very pleasing indeed. Very tasty. The more I sip, the more the graininess and earthyness comes to the forefront and I have to slow down lest the liquid gold in my glass will disappear way too quickly. In other words, this one’s drinkability is really amazing. I’ve had this many times before and I was surprised that I hadn’t reviewed it until now. In my book, this is a top notch Lager that yeah, fits the style to which it was placed very nicely. Bottom line: A most excellent in all ways example of the style. I can *only* recommend it! 04-14-2007

Ibrew2or3 (8607) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - JUN 10, 2014
Poured up on tap at the brewpub where there’s a clear copper body that supports an off white head. The mild aroma offers up malts, a sliver of roasted malts and then a biscuit sensation. The taste is malty to biscuit to faint light colored nuttiness before malt sweetness intercedes into the hop notes. To midway the hops take on the form of grassiness. It has a full almost rough feel as the hops and vibrant malts try to meld together but can’t. It ends with smooth malts and a mild biscuit malt note.

WVHouseofBeer (1064) - West Virginia, USA - JUN 6, 2014
A nice little beer. As far as Viennas go this is one of the better ones I’ve had. Light aromas and flavors of caramel, nuts and chocolate. Slight hint of German hops. Light bodied.

musinj6 (506) - Dedham, Massachusetts, USA - APR 30, 2014
I’ll be honest, I has someone get me this beer because I wanted to complete the 50 states. Honestly, it’s pretty good for it’s style. Pours from a can with small head, Amber, clear. Moderate carbonation. Mildly sweet with robust malt flavor. Medium bodied. Hint of German hop bitterness. Medium malty finish.

snoworsummer (5614) - baltimore, Maryland, USA - MAR 7, 2014
Draft at the brewery. Pours clear copper medium brown with a fizzy off white head. Tastes malty, tart, dry, like toasted bread. Light body and low carbonation. Smells like lightly tart malt and toasted grains.

sonnycheeba (5961) - Federal Hill, Baltimore, Maryland, USA - MAR 7, 2014
Tap at brewery. Pours clear copper with fizzy off-white head. Aroma is toasted and caramel malts, dates, fig, and light floral notes. Flavor is dry with light toast, caramel, faint dark fruit esters, and lager yeast esters; dry finish. Light body and medium carbonation.

MadRobin (2987) - Silver Spring, Alabama, USA - FEB 13, 2014
Poured from 12 oz. can at the Merry Piglets, in Jackson, WY. Clear, bright medium amber with a 3-finger light khaki head and very good lacing. Aroma of bread, caramel, toasted malt and lemon. Taste of toasted malt, caramel, bread and herbal hops. Medium/light body and medium/high carbonation with a very foamy mouthfeel. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Dredd (932) - Bentleigh, AUSTRALIA - JAN 19, 2014
Now when I look this up and it references this as a Vienna lager it makes sense. Nice slightly caramel aroma, nice malt sweetness and a balanced finish. Good job.

ads135 (4587) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - DEC 27, 2013
Maybe its my inability to appreciate this style, but I find the hay flavors and muddy honey distracting. An overall smooth beer, though. Tried in Sheridan, WY in 2013.