overall
RATINGS: 474   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.68/5   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
A rich, well balanced Foreign style Stout with a generous amount of roasted barley. Complex hop sequencing creates superbly balanced flavor.

Glouglouburp's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Glouglouburp (6103) - Montreal, Quebec, - JAN 29, 2013
In short: A full bodied stout with a bit of everything. Good.
How: Bottle 12oz. Consumed approximately one month after receiving the bottle from Doodler, thanks a lot Scott
The look: Black body topped by a small tan head.
In long: Nose is burnt toasts and coffee with notes of cigarette butt. Body is smooth, semi-thick and a bit viscous with a soft carbonation. Taste brings up a lot of unsuspected black liquorice, vanilla extract, cookies, burnt toasts, coffee, some molasses, oat sensation, solid presence of herbal hops with a minty character. The flavors are a bit aggressive however the beer remains easy to drink. Quite filling for a ‘little’ stout. Nothing won me over here but I can’t find anything wrong with it, this is a good flavorful stout. That’s the description I can give for this beer, and I’m really trying my best when I rate a beer because if there are two things I that I’m really ashamed of it is when one of my beer rating uses a bad grammaration or a word I just made up.

crossovert (13405) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 8, 2017
355ml can. Filled 2/17/17. Pours a dark brown/black with a billowing dark tan head. Aroma is caramel, cocoa, mocha, and cinnamon. Flavor is herbal, raisin, cocoa, coffee, toast, licorice, hint of oxidative mint. This is prototypical for the style.

gregwilsonstl (2574) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - AUG 31, 2017
Can. Somewhat sweet. Very rich, almost chewy. Brownie. Decent. Thx Clownoisseur

gripweed57 (2717) - Hamilton Square, New Jersey, USA - JUL 21, 2017
From old tasting notes. Opaque black color with a rocky tan head. Rich roasted malt aroma has chocolatey notes. Smoky malt flavor with hints of cocoa licorice and coffee. A real chewy mouthfeel.mlong roasty malt finish an a dose of spicy hops to boot.

hauxe (858) - Butzbach, Hesse, GERMANY - JUL 20, 2017
Pours black from the can into the plastic cup. The thick, frothy head lingers for some time amid sticky lacing. Aroma is burnt toast, smokey, strong tobacco notes. Taste is bitter, lots of smoke. Finishes the same, but turns increasingly dry. Body is thick and the beer has a rich, creamy feel in the mouth. Overall quite good.

chinchill (5154) - South Carolina, USA - JUN 12, 2017
On tap at the brewpub in Jackson WY. Opaque black body with an excellent very durable tan head. Aroma: light spicy hops, dark toast, licorice and alcohol esters. Flavor: moderate strength and high bitterness for style. Full body and medium carbonation.

Quick3Beers (1315) - East Falmouth, Massachusetts, USA - APR 22, 2017
Pours a black with khaki colored head from a can. Served a little cold, not much aroma, flavor is a heavy roastiness, dark toasted whole grain bread, nice medicinal bitterness. Good beer.

jeffman52 (16) - Georgia, USA - APR 7, 2017
I went Ski’ing a couple of weeks ago in Wyoming and thus I had to try the local beers. This was one that I really liked. Zonker Stout. Very popular in the region and I can see why. Good lacing, nice head that slowly disappears, not overpowering but very tasty, a solid stout. I had it my first day in Jackson Hole and had it every day while there. I also brought six back in my luggage to enjoy when I got home. If you are in Wyoming, give this one a try!!!

SPDickerman (1239) - Texas, USA - JAN 12, 2017
Pours pitch black with a large brown head. Smells roasty with hints of coffee. Taste is bitter, roast and coffee. Medium-bodied with a smooth texture and average mouth-carbonation, Snake River Zonker Stout finishes with a lingering semisweet bitterness.

Jow (3979) - New York, New York, USA - JAN 6, 2017
Nice little can at home watching bat shit crazy new Nic Cage movie. Black pour not much head. Nose is roasted malts some earthy bitterness. Tastes of roasted malt, chalky, earth, coffee grind, so e grainy barley. Not sweet and fairly dry.

Finhead (1782) - OFallon, Illinois, USA - OCT 10, 2016
Nearly black pour with a tan head. The aroma has roasted, dark chocolate and coffee with a faint touch of vanilla. It has creamy body with somewhat flat carbonation. The taste is dry roasted with sweet undertones.dough,