overall
RATINGS: 79   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.25/5   SEASONAL: Summer   IBU: 32   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Summer Beer is a Pre-Prohibition Pils, brewed alt style. This beer is crisp, clean, refreshing and hoppy, Inspired by the long-forgotten beverage of our great-grandparents, our "twist" is that we ferment this beer with our exceptionally clean ale yeast at much lower than normal temperatures, which imparts a somewhat different character compared to lager yeast. In the Pre-Pro style, we use a small proportion of maize (corn). The noble (and expensive) Czech Saaz hop variety is used through-out, and gives this beer a spciy herbal character and dryish finish. This new rendition of an old classic will add a unique contrast to any line-up!!

mjteeters' rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
mjteeters (37) - Issaquah, Washington, USA - AUG 24, 2013
Bomber from local grocery. Pours golden yellow with a foamy white head, lots of carbonation. Floral and light grass aroma, with some pepper(?). Nice spicy flavor coupled with a dry hoppy finish. Pretty enjoyable.

fiery_1 (1363) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 31, 2017
Draught @ the brewery. Pours an almost clear copper colour with a white head. Nose is faintly of piney grains. Flavour is bready with a plain bitter finish.

Ferris (15901) - Burnaby, British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 31, 2017
Draft - Very light grain and bread. Cloudy gold with a rich white head. Touch of grains then bitterness.

jpalazini115 (22) - - JUL 15, 2017
QwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbmnqwertyuuiopamdjftvsjfQwe via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Capa (3322) - Kitsap, Washington, USA - MAY 28, 2017
Slightly hazy golden. Some cracker and a decent bite from the saaz. Crisp and refreshing. Under appreciated, IMO.

argo0 (14127) - Washington DC, USA - SEP 4, 2015
Draft. Medium white head atop clear apple juice body. Aroma is moderately sweet, bread, light nectarine, grass. Taste is moderately sweet, bread, grass, light berry. Light-medium body, light stickiness.

andrewje41 (3999) - Kenmore, Washington, USA - AUG 14, 2015
Draft pour pint at the brewery. Pours a cloudy blonde color with very little head. I’m just imagining the meeting they had when naming this beer. Someone probably was given the overnight task of naming it, and forgot his homework. So what should we name or new summer beer? Ummmmm, uhh.. Summer Beer?? Classic, I like that. Sometimes we need to get straight to the point. Exactly the opposite of what this rating is. But that’s not what this is about. This beer is tasty, but I could see myself enjoying this year round. Full body flavor in a light beer. Grainy, soft fruit. Fruit peel, slight bitter finish. Good beer here.

fiulijn (20604) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 28, 2014
Draught at brewpub
Hazy dark blond color. Delicate malt profile, with some crispy malt trait, very light biscuits, and the hopping is strong and lightly zesty.
Nice summer beer.

Prufrockstar (2132) - Moscow, Idaho, USA - JUL 30, 2014
Draft at the zoo during Josh Ritter concert. Clear gold pour as the sun mercifully ducks behind the trees. Fruity, grassy, corny. Starts pleasantly pilsy, finishes exceptionally bitter -- like ipa dishsoap bitter. Sulfur, biscuit, cereal, legs (nope, not the beer, just me getting distracted -- ah, summertime). Hint of bubblegum, medium body with loads of carbonation. Overall: NW IPilsL? Also, I’m ridiculous -- there are two beer gardens here and I’m sitting alone in the one with the new tick instead of the other one with friends. To be fair, I was there earlier and I’m not really in the mood for chatting, but still this is pretty dumb. I’m where I want to be at the moment, but I’m pretty sure that means I’m seriously missing the point.

trujahwarrior (510) - Monroe, Washington, USA - SEP 24, 2013
22oz. bomber pours a golden yellow color with a thick fluffy white head that leaves great lacing. smells of corn, sweet malt and light hops. Tastes of the same things in the smell with a hoppy/spicy peppery finish. Moutheel is light and creamy and chewy with great carbonation and a semi dry finish. Pretty good pisner, great for summer and is nice and light and full of flavor.