overall
Brewed by FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Monterrey/Orizaba, Mexico

RATINGS: 1247   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.68/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Has a sparkling gold hue and exciting aroma and flavor of malt.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
MrManning (2009) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 8, 2005
Unfortunately, very non-dememo in every aspect. Appears pale yellow in the body, with a huge but short lived frothy white head. Lots of bubbles, but only once. Aroma is corn, sweetness, city water. Taste is bland corn, chlorine?? Not good. This beer tastes like it has been under a sol for about 10 years. Ciao!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
heemer77 (5344) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - JAN 31, 2005
Very light yellow color. A medium sized head. Aroma is carrots and light bread. The taste is stewed carrots and green beans. This is another lame lager.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
gsmitty80 (2130) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 23, 2005
Tastes like a Corona light. Crappy pale lager with not much to it. I dont mind to many femsa beers but this one was bottom of the barrel.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Aarleks (409) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - JAN 21, 2005
Bottle: Another tasteless pale lager... yippeee.... (sigh). Pale Gold with a white head. No real aroma noticable. Maybe some corn?? Tasted like beer soft-drink. Insulting really.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
TerryR (391) - Oswego, Illinois, USA - JAN 19, 2005
Very light golden with decent size white head. Faint aroma of hops and malt. Very little flavor - maybe a slight citrus note. Light body. Would taste better on a warm beach in Mexico.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
HenrikSoegaard (13808) - Randers, DENMARK - JAN 17, 2005
UPDATED: MAR 16, 2005 Bear in a clear bottle is not my favorite, and in this bear you can taste the sulforic compounds, maybe on a hot summerday?......

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
dreamboat (186) - Brisbane, AUSTRALIA - JAN 17, 2005
Fruity, cabbage aroma. Clear light gold with little head, and what there is doesn’t last long. Unfortunately tastes a fair bit like it smells, with some lemony notes. Rubbish.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - JAN 8, 2005
In the clear bottle. The painted label appeals to me. This really has no particular saving grace- bland, fizzy, grainy, watery taste. However, if push comes to shove, I’ll take it over Corona anyday. I remember some good times in Nashvegas drinking Sol, so I suppose that’s why I still occaisionally grab a six.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - JAN 7, 2005
Not too bad but bland. Unoffensive to me with a lime. I don’t know I still think Mexican beers are better then their rep.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Jine (903) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - JAN 1, 2005
Really just bad. What is with clear bottles. No! Bad! No redeeming qualities whatsoever. I had something witty to write but my roommates interrupted me and we laughed a lot and I forgot.