Southampton Black Raspberry Lambic

overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 110   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
A variation on a traditional Framboise. Aged in wine barrels for 21 months and blended to produce a classic profile.

funkyaudio (11) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 2, 2012
Shared this at DLD 2012 was one of the best raspberry lambic that i have every had, and since it was my bottle i took a bigger poor than i should of. barnyard, earthy, raisin, skunky, woody, red, hazy, cloudy, frothy, tan foam, medium sweetness, heavily sour, lively, long finish, medium body,

Godofthecellar (677) - NYC, New York, USA - APR 25, 2013
UPDATED: OCT 2, 2013 big thanks to Dan, (Totoropanda) for opening this A- dark purple with no head at all, looks almost flat like red wine N- raspberry jam, moldy raspberry and sour yeast notes T- sweet raspberry jam, carmelized berry chutney with light wine notes. more funk in the nose, but can taste a suttle tartness and brett M- very smooth and enjoyable

afksports (16) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - FEB 11, 2012
Call me a homer for this beer, but I could taste it in my mouth the day after I had it on tap at the release. Iíve since had it from the bottle, and it was exactly as I remembered. Acidic yet balanced with a perfect tart raspberry sweetness. Dark, but not so thick that you canít enjoy a full pour of it. So - this is not blushing monk or framboise de amorosa. Itís also not framboise for a cure, which frankly in my mind lacked the funk or the complexity that this brew has. It stings, then it soothes, then it finishes clean. I have a few more of these and they are not for trade. Personal white whale right here. Markowski knocked it out the park on this bad boy.

alalvarez75 (57) - New York, USA - MAY 8, 2012
Had via bottle via gf that muled this sucka. Poured into my snifter from SH. Perfectly poured if I do say so myself. Wish I could have posted to YouTube. A: Nice dark violet with a frothy head. S: Lot of fruit, with a little tartness. Smells like a winner. T: Itís a chicken dinner. Perfect mix of sweet and sour. You normally canít fight the funk, but the fruit sure does. Not a nasty dunk... M: A little more carbonated than I normally like, but Iíll refrain from saying crisp. O: If you have a buddy that does not like Lambic, this would change their mind.

vtafro (7445) - Wayne, New Jersey, USA - APR 19, 2015
Bottle thanks jay. Ruby dark pour with white head. Huge raspberry jam aromas, some tart tones. Delicious raspberry jam, fruity and light tart tones.

egajdzis (6501) - Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 9, 2012
Purple color with a small, off white head that left light lacing on the glass. Aroma of wood, bacteria, brett, and lots of sweet juicy raspberries. Taste was woody, with light vanilla, lots of raspberry, and a lightly tart finish. Really a solid attempt.

PhillyCraft (7092) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 5, 2013
UPDATED: SEP 3, 2013 Bottle cracked by NJ Alan at a tasting. Thanks for bringing this one down bro. Pours ruby with light head if any. Notes are loaded with smuckers jam, tart raspberry, oak, vino, vanilla, and dark fruit. Similar to Raspberry tart but lighter bodied and more puckery. One of the best fruit beers I have had the pleasure of trying. Tried again a couple weeks later, just as awesome with lots of tart Mexican candy notes. Sweet!

Sarlacc83 (2287) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUL 6, 2014
Bottle thanks to Todd! Beer of the night for me. A: Pure red nearing purple. Very little head. N: Raspberries, cherries, grapefruit, lemons, oak, cabernet sauvignon grapes, leather, tobacco, and more of that sweet delicious black raspberry. T: Sour, fruity, slightly sweet. M: Carbed, crisp, dry and biting. Lighter body. O: I love big raspberry beers. Compares favorable to Hommage and LP Framboise, in my opinion. Itís incredibly powerful and delicious, and if I ever came across a bottle again, I would drink it up so fast. Highly, highly recommended.

djd07 (14366) - Houston, Texas, USA - OCT 26, 2015
Bottle thanks to Hayden. Pours a cloudy ruby with small paperthin off white head that diminishes to nothing. The aroma is strong blackberry jam, acidic, funk, fresh fruit. Medium mouth, very jammy, light tartness, fruit has held up very well, lemon, funky, really enjoyed this one.

beerbill (3616) - Laurel, New York, USA - JAN 31, 2012
On draught at the Publick House during their release party. Pours a very pretty clear purplish red with a thin pink head. Very pleasant aroma of tart raspberries along with just a bit of funk. The flavor is outstanding and is filled with tart raspberry, malt, oak, and again just a hint of funk. Clean and bright on the palate. The raspberry is incredible, so fruity and fresh. For me, this beer was the star of the release. Wonderful!