overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 38   MEAN: 3.41/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.31/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
A classic British ale like those made in the town of Burton-On-Trent, a brewing center famous for it's high mineral content water. We add minerals to our water in order to replicate this classic ale! og: 11.5 abv: 4.7

Borrrris (110) - LINDENHURST, New York, USA - OCT 8, 2005
Tap at Sam’s Ale house, NYC. Nice golden color with small but lasting white head. Aroma is malt, citrus and floral. Taste is grapefruity and mineral nastiness competing with malt, and hops in the finish. Maybe I just don’t like the style, but I did not find it very refreshing or drinkable. BUY AGAIN? Maybe someday - just to see if what I’m poured or my perception of it remains the same.

scraff (2121) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - MAR 31, 2007
Tap at SPH - Amber, off white creamy head. Lightly sour nose of florals, citrus, and hints of sweet malt. Flavor held notes of light citric and floral bitterness throughout. Light bodied, light carbonation, dry, soft hoppy finish. Nice rendition and very drinkable...

thornecb (5914) - Marblehead, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 2, 2013
Pours deep gold into an English pint. Off-white head with medium retention recedes leaving scant sheets to skim surface. Sourdough, toffee and caramel aromas. Soft with dark caramel and toffee upfront turning to hot yeast before the lasting bitter earth finish. Tastes much more than the 4.2% listed, and the 4.7% in the description.

notalush (5878) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUN 5, 2005
I have to say, they really crafted a beer that tastes as if it’s come from England, right down to the British hops and funky mineral taste - sadly, this is a bad thing in this case - sorry Brits, but your hops just aren’t that good - they’ve crafted a medium bodied, quite bready, herbal ale here - very cloudy - looks as if it’s come out of the cask - I must say, british hops have never tasted so good, but they’re still british hops.

PilsnerPeter (3046) - Flushing, New York, USA - APR 7, 2007
Tap at Hop Devil Grill: Orangey, light copper pour with an off-white film. The aroma is a bit fruity with hints of cherries & peach. Simple flavor, with only a light herbal bitterness. Mainly has a Pale malt profile, with a late grainy like bitterness. I had this after an IIPA, so maybe the bitterness is more pronounced than I perceived it to be. Still, it’s somewhat simple.

Flyer (118) - Hartland, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 26, 2007
This is a good, refreshing session ale, if that’s what you’re looking for, but I couldn’t get excited about it. Solid but undistinctive. Nicely hopped rom the opening taste to the aftertaste, some subtle flavor notes that I frankly couldn’t identify. After I finished, it occurred to me that this is what Sam Adams Boston Lager should be -- it would be a great intro to craft beer for a novice.

kp (10882) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - SEP 1, 2007
Date: 11/01/2006
Mode: Hand Bottled
Source: Tasting

clear amber, whispy head, lightly sweet peppery spicy aroma, nice caramel malt flavor, light bitterness provides a nice balance, nice spicy yeast character,

Aroma: 6/10; Appearance: 6/10; Flavor: 6/10; Palate: 5/10; Overall: 11/20
Rating: 2.9/5.0
Drinkability: 8/10
Score: *4

TonyDiUlio (664) - New Jersey, USA - AUG 25, 2010
Had at Belgian with Justin. Pour is a medium gold with little lasting head. Aroma is super earthy with lots of malts and almost a hint of almonds and chocolate. Flavor is bread, almonds, and malts. Not my style at all.