RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 2.6/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.73/5   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -
t’s a medium bodied, creamy, chocolately coconut porter, into which we dumped roughly 80 pounds of hand toasted coconut. It’s our attempt to prolong summer just a bit longer, with a tropical fruit beer-fusion!

Most RecentTicked By

smcolw (617) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 27, 2009
Deep brown color where light can pass. There was no head or lace on the glass. Nearly no smell, even after drinking some and stirring the remaining contents. The flavor is like a cross between a brown ale and a porter. Perhaps it was my imagination, but I detected a little bit of coconut in the background; I’m not sure if I would have noticed with out the prompting. My largest complaint with all of Southend’s beers is that they come across as watery--this is no exception. The carbonation is finer so that’s an improvement. The swallow has enough hop to give this beer good balance and complexity.