overall
RATINGS: 440   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71/5   EST. CALORIES: 248   ABV: 8.25%
You hold in your hand a stout for stout lovers. Buried Hatchet is brewed with a large quantity of brown malt reminiscent of a traditional pre-Industrial Revolution malt profile. This stout is full of robust, roasted flavors which intermingle with a bittersweet creaminess that concludes to a perfect, warming finish.

JakeSchiffer (5) - - JUL 7, 2013 does not count
All I have to say is yum. Nice and silky and even good for a hot Texas day. Mixes great with Leprechaun Golden Cider - Golden Hatchet.

southernstar (2) - Alabama, USA - JUL 21, 2014 does not count
The best stout I have ever had... Not too heavy with lots of coffee and chocolate notes without the benifit of either one.

nunyabz (1) - - SEP 6, 2014 does not count
Roasted malts... caramels... chocolates... coffee... Awesome brew! : )

TxStoutLovers (2) - - NOV 8, 2014 does not count
We’ve been buying half barrels of this fabulous stout (at the same price I might add) every 3 months for 4 years now! No ... we’re not a commercial enterprise, it’s just us 2, at home with our friends, loving the smooth bready satisfying completeness of this outstanding stout. It’s a terrific end of the workday treat and a weekend "get relaxed" brew! We’ve tried so many stouts over the years I can’t count them and BH outshines them all!! Our opinion of course. If you like stouts, give this a try, you’ll undoubtedly fall in love like we did! Thank you SS!!!!