RATINGS: 446   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%

”double spiced ale brewed in the tradition of Swedish Glögg”

gmb5127 (234) - Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 16, 2014
UPDATED: JAN 18, 2014 A decent Christmas beer. Has a nice spicy aroma and taste. A little watery though, I wish it was stronger.

jdskinns (220) - South Roxana, Illinois, USA - JAN 16, 2014
Bottle. Pours dark amber color with little white head. Aroma is very nice with nutmeg, spices, and dark fruits. Taste follows the aroma but was much more than I was expecting. The spices are a little too much for me and make this hard to drink.

magsinva (1254) - Virginia, USA - JAN 15, 2014
Bottle - to me, this came off as a higher alcohol version of a typical winter warmer. Well executed, but not exciting.

krittenhouse (24) - Shelby, USA - JAN 13, 2014
This is an awesome glass of extraordinary flavor. It is smooth, with a fullness to the mouth. The feel is also pleasant. I so needed this tonight!!

sharkbcr (161) - Illinois, USA - JAN 13, 2014
An interesting Christmas beer. Dark amber color, sweet spice aroma and a minimal head. The orange peel really comes through at first then gives way the spices, the figs give it a sweet finish. Very well done.

patrick767 (4063) - fort wayne, Indiana, USA - JAN 10, 2014
bottle - Pours clear amber with a rich fruity, spicy, malty aroma. The flavor is sweet with some alcohol, dark fruit, oranges, and plenty of spice including cinnamon and nutmeg. Good beer.

Errl (2442) - Plano, Texas, USA - JAN 8, 2014
Bottle...Pour is clear ruby..Nose is spice, orange, bitterness, caramels, toffee..Taste is christmas spices, orange, caramel,bread and some dark fruit.. some bitterness..

djspe (2) - Princeton, New Jersey, USA - JAN 7, 2014 does not count
A wonderful winter seasonal brew with a bite. I don’t taste the figs as much as as orange peel and nutmeg, it definitely hits the mark as an xmas beer. Quite drinkable on it’s own and wonderful with a warm bowl of curry. Pleasant carbonation, a bit sweeter than I normally like but you can’t tell this is a double caliber abv. Would definitely buy again, I’m not sure I would want to drink more than one in a sitting though.

nittanyjim (118) - - JAN 6, 2014
Deep copper, slight off white head...nice lacing. Cinnamon and orange nose. Pine and spices are strong at the start, some slight bittering hops mix in. Nice amount of carbonation. Much more complex than I’m making it out to be.

nittanytide (286) - Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 5, 2014
Poured a deep ruby with a thin, white head. Aroma of fruitcake, raisins. Taste is malty with a little bit of fruit (cherry?) in there. Much drier finish than I expected.