overall
RATINGS: 1584   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 288   ABV: 9.6%
“a stout of great contention” We are not the harbingers of truth as some may suggest but it may indeed be argued that our brewing philosophy is tantamount to a dessert with a bellicose past. How, you may ask, would a brewery determine a likeness to hard-coated custard? Our response is simple; it’s all in the power of history, and of course, the extra finesse needed to top off a contentious treat with definition.

By comprehending the labyrinthine movement of time, one would not think it strange to trace the errant path of an ordinary object such as a cream dessert only to discover that it has been the cause of cultural disputes since the middle ages. The British founders of burnt cream and from Spain, crema catalana, both stand by their creative originality and we respect that, but it was the French Crème Brûlée, amid the strife of contention, that survived to represent our deliciously creamy brew. 9.6% abv • 25º plato • 195º L • 22 oz / 1/6 keg 2-row pale malt / dark caramel malt / vanilla bean / lactose sugar / kettle hops: columbus / aroma hops: horizon

KushSoldier (1) - Rome, ITALY - MAR 21, 2013 does not count
Best milk stout ever tasted ! really amazing a little drop it’s enough to get your mouth full of flavours ! can cause addiction !

Inthasheets (23) - Texas, USA - JUN 15, 2013
One of the finest beers I've ever head. Walked into the bar and it smelt like Christmas and candles. It has a smooth sweet taste and taste like food. Pretty much a liquid sin! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

TheShepherds (57) - chapel hill, North Carolina, USA - JUN 24, 2013
Ambrosia. This is above and beyond THE BEST BEER we have had yet. This is not a session beer. This is not a slam beer. This is a desert. This is an after your team wins the Stanley Cup (go Blackhawks), the Super Bowl, the World Series whatever. This is pure joy in a bottle. Do yourself a favor. It’s easily the best thing you will ever get out of a bottle.

ttroha (523) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JUL 21, 2013
Draft. Pitch black in appearance with tan head. Overwhelming aroma of chocolate, caramel, vanilla and sugar. It tastes like a rich, chocolate dessert with hints of vanilla. I’d order this over cake any day. It’s a good way to finish any meal.

tjr66 (1) - - NOV 16, 2013 does not count
One of my favorites. This is a flavor seizure! Like drinking dessert! Love everything about this!!!

HoppusMaximus4 (11) - Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 4, 2013
One of my favorite beers of all time. If you’re a coffee and desert person you’ll love it! Rich vanilla flavor with a toasted finish that reminds me of tiramisu.

PurpleFlea83 (1) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JAN 22, 2014 does not count
This one is from 2010. The flavor holds up very well. Maybe even a little richer. Tons of butterscotch. For as rich as it is, the mouthfeel is a bit on the lighter side (not in a bad way). I can't drink this every day, but when I do, I'm very pleased. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Joe_M (24) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - JAN 24, 2014
I’m pretty sure this my idea of "perfect" if I had to only drink one beer for the rest of my life, it would be this beer! If there’s anything out there that’s better, I have yet to find it.

tony_gorilla (1877) - Drammen, NORWAY - FEB 26, 2014
Bottle at Christians kjeller. Fan fucking tastick. First smell is caramel and after that some milk chocolate ads in. Taste os the same. This is a drinkable dessert!

Tobyrando (41) - New York, USA - MAR 23, 2016
poured with less than a finger of head. great aromas of vanilla and burnt sugar. full mouth feel with a slight creamyness. front flavors of the cream and vanilla. finishes with coffee and chocolate.