overall

RATINGS: 965   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 315   ABV: 10.5%
“blended hoppe & unearthly” High in the winter sky, two parallel stick figures are visible & known as “the twins,” or the constellation Gemini. The astronauts of the 1960s flew as teams of two in a program named after the celestial pairing. At Southern Tier, we have our own fraternal twins, Hoppe & Unearthly. Blended together & placed in this vessel, the mission of our Gemini is to travel high & take passengers on a journey far into the heavens. 10.5% abv • 5.8ºL * 22° Plato
2-row pale malt, malted white wheat, cara-pils malt, red wheat. Kettle hops: columbus, chinook, cascade; aroma hops: amarillo; hop back: styrian goldings; dry hops: amarillo, cascade, centenial, chinook & columbus.

2012 vintage 9% abv

patrickfannon (1242) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 22, 2009
UPDATED: JUL 27, 2010 Bottle. 25.4 oz. (2007 Vintage) - Gold Wax Sealed - I purchased this hidden gem from Joe Canal’s West Deptford about six months ago. The bottle already had about two years of age on it, and I aged it vertically in my dark, damp, cool cellar for another six months. I decided to open this bottle in honor of my one and only brother Sean’s 21st Birthday. The aroma seeped out strong and heavy as soon as I cracked the cap. Pours an immense, glowing ruby-orange with a thick, sturdy, pillowy white head. Full, beautifully arranged lacing fills the walls of the glass. Nose is at once aggressive and inviting; light maple syrup and caramel give way to Belgian candied brown-sugars, molassess, caramel, and honey, and follow through with a firm, yet soft and accomodating body. Extremely smooth, supple, cleanly-sweet palate. I have not the words to capture the perfection of this brew. Brewed perfectly, aged perfectly. One of the best, genuinely gratifying beer experiences of my life. Thank you Southern Tier.