overall
RATINGS: 884   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.59/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 192   ABV: 6.4%
Harvest Ale is our celebration of the changing weather and the sowing of hops and barley that will be used in our upcoming brews. We usher in the fall with a classic English style Extra Special Bitter of the highest order. Deep ruby in color with an even deeper hop flavor… in fact, we throw fresh English hops into every brewing vessel, then dry hop after fermentation to impart a zesty kick. This beer has real hop character that mingles with fresh malted barley for an experience that will make you wish it were fall year ‘round.

2011 vintage: 6.7% abv

MaltOne's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
MaltOne (380) - Wisconsin, USA - NOV 19, 2012
UPDATED: DEC 15, 2014 (12/2014) This years version is less complex then my original tasting - could be late in its freshness cycle. Nice ale. Mildly aromatic. Pale clear amber. Refreshing crisp bitter on a solid malt body. Some nuance - taste starts with balanced interplay between malt sweet and hop bitter with the bitter winning out in the finish. Still good, just not as dramatic. (11/2012 - 3.9) Beers like this make me like hops. Nice pour, brief, shallow, off-white head. Warm amber-gold in color - very close to the label color. The Aroma - one of the more complex and pleasing hop aromas I?ve had. The Taste - hop forward, but married to a malt background, very integrated, nicely done. It starts as if it?s going with that overused banana taste and then curves into an elegant, slightly peppery ginger zone. This is one to look for.

angrystar (9) - - OCT 5, 2017 does not count
This is my personal rating. Bit of an aftertaste. This is my personal rating. Bit of an aftertaste. This is my personal rating. Bit of an aftertaste This is my personal rating. Bit of an aftertaste. This is my personal rating. Bit of an aftertaste. This is my personal rating. Bit of an aftertaste. . ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

StoutTrout (1) - North Carolina, USA - OCT 2, 2017 does not count
A very hoppy American take on the English style of ESB, that comes off tasting like a middle of the road American IPA. Very hoppy in contrast to the ESB style which isn't marketed very often in the USA due to the lack of dynamics in the flavor. A true ESB also stays under 5 or even 4% ABV. ESBs are often marketed as Scotch Ale and serve as a bridge between pale ale and porters, Harvest Ale is on the other side of the English version of IPA in terms of hops and bitterness. They may have used the exact same ingredients as a true ESB, but this just proves that a brewer has a lot of license in their craft.

ehaak26 (658) - - AUG 28, 2017
Bottle from Beers of the World. Aroma of malt with some citrus bitterness from the hops.

LetsGoState (907) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 25, 2017
Taste is a very nice balance between lightly bitter hops and sweet malt. Overall solid.

rollinsr (809) - Atlanta, GEORGIA - MAY 16, 2017
Pours slightly hazy amber with white/orange head. Aroma is orange hops with mild spices. Flavor is smooth with sweet honeysuckle and caramel malt with mild orange hip bitter character. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Chudwick (3314) - Taylor Mill, Kentucky, USA - APR 23, 2017
12oz bottle DOB 08/03/16 at 5:27AM - prolly the most specific DOB I’ve ever seen. Who’s up at 5:27 to brew beer? That’s the story I want to know. Now to try this currently to 50 for the style beer. Nose is grassy, caramel and buttery "biscuits" from Normandy. Sip adds light booze, citrus and more grass. I should say I should mowed my overgrown yard and I’m getting similar flavors. Dry finish. Interesting flavor and modest taste.

Carlisle (786) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 5, 2017
Draft. Not reminiscent of an English style bitter. This is more similar to an American pale ale with its hop-forward aroma and flavors. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

ffaoe (874) - Moorestown, New Jersey, USA - DEC 14, 2016
light malt aroma. gold and lightly hazy in color with no head. taste is towards the hoppy side. flavors are of piney, resinous hops with caramel malt undertones

tfontana (1084) - Fremont, New Hampshire, USA - OCT 2, 2016
Bottle pour into nonic pint glass from Julio’s Liquors. Appearance is clear gold/light amber with faint sparkle, 1/2-finger width fizzy white head with poor retention and trace lacing. Aroma is light malt, fruit, resin. Taste is fruit, resin, with mild earth and malt base. Palate is medium bodied with thick texture, average carbonation and malty and light citrus finish. Overall, good amount of hops though a lot of that is bitter resin, which isn’t my favorite. Good for the style.

OnTheTrail (560) - Virginia, USA - SEP 14, 2016
Pours clear orange, a bit of tan head. Aroma of grapefruit, hay, toast,bread. Taste is balance of piney, grassy, spicy hops, and bready grainy malt. A beer that tastes like beer, in a good way. Medium mouthfeel.