overall
RATINGS: 1449   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.61/5   EST. CALORIES: 219   ABV: 7.3%
IPA stands for India Pale Ale and ours is an American version of the classic style. IPA’s namesake lies in its colonial roots. British soldiers on their way to India dark a lot of beer, but found it would go stale on the long voyages. Meanwhile, brewers knew that by adding more hops, the beer would stay fresh. Voila! A new style was born and it is one we are proud to brew. Southern Tier IPA is a triple-hopped on its journey to your glass for a fully aromatic experience.

Bill Becker (1770) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - NOV 15, 2017
From May 2008 I got this in a trade with Wasatch. Thanks John! It pours a clear(turns hazy with second pour) yellow gold with a huge head of foam that keeps trying to overflow in my glass so naturally, I had to make a save. The foam tastes nice. Awesome head retention and the lacing is heavy duty for the style. I get some bready notes in the smell as well as some hop bitterness. More of a floral hop bitterness than any citrus/grass/pine but again, it's nice. The first sip and I see this a well balanced IPA. Plenty of bready malt to go with a slightly bitter lemon hop presence. After taking a few more sips, the hops become more citrusy and I think I'm tasting some tangerine but don't quote me on that but they don't overpower the malt at all. Very well balanced and very smooth and easy drinking. A little high in alcohol to be a real session brew but what the hell...it's pretty sessionable for me. The mouthfeel is medium, the carbonation is on the light side, and it finishes with a semi sweet semi bitter flavour that kind of reminds me of Bridgeport IPA which...I like! Bottom line: A very tasty, well balanced American IPA that I can recommend. Another nice brew from Southern Tier.

Beer_rel_goals (16) - Ontario, CANADA - APR 22, 2017
Bottle obtained in variety 12-case of IPAs on road trip through NY. Great tasting IPA. Balanced taste of malt sweetness and hoppiness. Worthy of a second glass or more