overall
RATINGS: 1586   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.83/5   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
An Uninhibited Infusion of Hops. We continue our commitment to innovation with our most aggressive offering yet Unearthly is a manifestation of the brewers crafts skillfully balancing art and the forces of nature to produce a divine liquid. Delicately pour a taste into a fluted glass. Smell the enchanting aromas of the hops come forward as your first sip divulges this beer’s fervent soul. To underestimate Unearthly is to trifle with the mysteries of the universe so please consume wisely. The ABV went from 9.8% to 11%.

Bill Becker (2012) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - NOV 2, 2017
From Feb 2008 I got this bottle ina trade with joe1510. Thanks Joe! This one pours from 22oz bottle a clear gold with about an inch of foam and stays around for the entire session. Very good, albeit small, head retention.(with lacing ;^) The smell I noticed as soon as I popped the cap...big caramel malt with a nice side order of hoppy goodness and a very nice fresh baked bread. I hope the malt is as impressive in the taste. ;^) The taste on first sip and yep, that yummy caramel malt and bread is in the taste in big abundance and I'm smiling like a cheshire cat. Then the hops make a presence with nice notes of pine and some citrus but I'll be danged if I don't consider this one a malt dominated DIPA and, that works *very* well for me. The body is somewhere bewtween full and medium, the carbonation is on the light side, and it finishes with a slight bitterness mixed with some more bread and the alcohol? A pretty strong "beast" at 11% but I can't sense any in the nose or taste and it gives me the slightest of warming after the swallow. I really like this stuff!! Bottom line: After I pretty much finished with the text in my review, I took a peak at some other reviews and most of them seem to say that the hops in Unearthly have a bigger presence than the malt. I respectfully, disagree. Either way, this is one of the best of the style that I've tasted ever. Worth sekking out? You darn tootin!

zaclogan (19) - - OCT 8, 2017
Un*earthly is just that, an Un*earthly explosion of hops aroma and taste that will blow you away. Perfectly balanced malt backbone to boot. For anyone who hasn't tried this one you should do so right now.

fooj (63) - Maryland, USA - JUL 29, 2017
I hate that I am forced to write a comment, when all I want to do is rate the beer for my own reference. What happened to not having to integrate with ratebeer.com? ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone