overall
RATINGS: 679   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.67/5   SEASONAL: Series   EST. CALORIES: 258   ABV: 8.6%
Imperial stout brewed with pumpkins Warlock is brewed to enchant your palate on its own and also to counterpoint our Imperial Ale, Pumking. Make your own black magic by carefully pouring this Imperial Stout into a goblet.

Dark and mysterious, the Blackwater Series is serious about high gravity. Reanimate your senses with Warlock’s huge roasted malt character, moderate carbonation and spicy pumpkin pie aroma.

2015 vintage 10.0%

sfontain's rating

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
sfontain (851) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - OCT 2, 2013
22 oz bomber. Thanks for picking it up for me, Ryan. Enjoyed from my Pumking glass. Slightly murky dark-garnet pour; one-finger light tan head dissipates very quickly into a thin ring and a couple sparse islands. Aroma dark, malty, bread, pumpkin spice, roast, vanilla, bubblegum. Flavor pumpkin, dark malt, bubblegum. I see -elements- of pumpkin pie here, but I just can’t agree with some of the reviews that this is like drinking a pie; it’s simply not. And there’s something I find uniquely off-putting about this beer, which is not dissimilar to how I feel about Pumking.

WeeHeavySD (3387) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JAN 9, 2018
Bomber my partner shared from 2012. Pumpkin is muted but the taste is still pretty solid, probably a bit spiced for my taste but all in all a solid blend of an imperial stout and a pumpkin beer

eggraid101 (80) - Virginia, USA - DEC 21, 2017
I don't usually like pumpkin beers but this guy has a lot of coffee and toffee flavors that really mesh well with the pumpkin. The sweetness works in this case. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

dawgdick (5) - - DEC 10, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: DEC 10, 2017 It was significantly more velvety and rich at 10% (like I like my jammies) before they drove the ABV down to a weak 8.7% simply for branding

strap (981) - Sindelfingen, GERMANY - DEC 1, 2017
for a pumpkin this was pretty good. a spicy aroma with pumpkin spice and strong cardamom aroma. the pumpkin taste wasn't overpowering.

drowland (9184) - Georgia, USA - NOV 22, 2017
11/22/17. Bomber from Warehouse. 2016 vintage. I didn’t really choose the 2016 and I certainly didn’t buy and cellar this... it’s just that Valdosta sucks so much that a store buys a case of craft beer and it rots on the shelf for YEARS. There are bottles of beer on the shelves in town from before I even moved here and I don’t even want to know how long some were there before I got here. Ugh. Black pour with a small tan head that sizzles away. Chocolate on the aroma, pie spice. Chocolate on the aroma, loads of pie spice, even after a year, burning nutmeg and cinnamon, lingering chocolate, hint of caramel. Meh.

thedm (6320) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - NOV 4, 2017
This bottled brew from a bottle shop was served at a cool temperature and poured a small sized head of foamy finely sized brown colored bubbles that were mostly diminishing and left behind a softly carbonated body opaque black brown colored body and a good lacing. The mild aroma was malty and pumpkin. The mouthfeel was weakly tingly at the start mediumly tingly at the finish dark malt aftertaste. The odd tasting flavor contained notes of molasses pumpkin brown malt and dark malt. A decent one but not one that I would consider drinking again.

jinroh (2462) - ESTONIA - NOV 2, 2017
Pours dark, almost black with some light foam skirmish. Sweet pumpkin pie nose, vanilla and coconut, lots of gingerbread spices. Taste is smooth and creamy, heavy and creamy pumpkin pie, sweet and full of caramel. Ashy bitterness lingering in the back. Pumkin sweetness lingering in the finish. Alcohol warmth is there but really well balanced. Perfect pumpkin stout.

TimE (6273) - Tokyo, JAPAN - NOV 1, 2017
Looks pitch black but smells like pumpkin pie with tons of cloves and cinnamon. Super smooth, tons of spice, modest roasted character, slightly seeet. A tad on the boozy side, but super fun. Honestly the roasted malt and stout character is not big. Very surprising. I love it

SpartanStout (45) - Lansing, Michigan, USA - OCT 21, 2017
Dark, yet thin pour with almost no head. Strong pumpkin, and musty aroma. Syrup, molasses, and smoke. Well produced, but not my thing.

Hopper8 (260) - Holland, Michigan, USA - OCT 8, 2017
UPDATED: OCT 8, 2017 Seriously cool. It smells like Halloween night and tastes like a pumpkin pie Stout. I really enjoyed this.