overall
RATINGS: 221   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.18/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 172   ABV: 5.73%
Celebrating 20 years of remarkably good taste! Characterized by a medium-body & dry well-balanced finish, this deep brown porter brewed with Dutch cocoa and pure raspberry extract evokes chocolate, caramel and fresh tart raspberries. Keeping our specialty product cool, still & dark pays rewards in flavor changes over the next year or more.

beerbaaron (1997) - Arizona, USA - JUL 10, 2013
Dark mahogany with medium to large dense frothy white head, lasting with lace. Pleasant dessert-like aroma of chocolate, raspberry, and caramel, and not in any sort of ’artificial’ way either. Flavor of chocolate and caramel, some tart raspberry nestled in. Perhaps a light touch of coffee. Very tasty. Some dryness in a clean lightly roasted and satisfying finish. Really one of the better Sprecher beers Ive had.

MarinEvelyn (852) - Wisconsin, USA - JUL 10, 2013
Very sweet, raspberry pie, dark fruit. a little cocoa. taste is similar. almost like a chocolate covered raspberry. a little dry, bitter finish, not unpleasant though. a little roasty, chocolate.

shrubber85 (11706) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - JUN 30, 2013
Bottle. Molasses and chocolate aroma. Dark brown with small head. Sweet raspberry, dark chocolate malt, and hay flavor. Fruity and tasty.

Lemke10 (996) - Waukesha, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 9, 2012
Thumbing thru my beer fridge I found this all the way in the back, the last remaining bottle of the 4pack I purchased in the fall of 2011. I remember that I had to purchase this because I had never seen this brew before, and since then I never saw it again. I don’t know if this being currently offered by Sprecher’s or not but nevertheless here’s the review for it. It pours a perfect dark brown/black porter color with a fluffy, light brown head. The scent has good roasted malt tones mixed with cocoa and raspberries. Overall this is a very inviting scent. With a semi-bold taste, this porter also delivers sweetness throughout and well into the after taste. Initially there is that robust burst of toasted malts and burnt sugar which then turns into a sweet, chocolate raspberry finish. It is complex yet decent and tasty. A porter with raspberries and cocoa is awesome in of itself. It was fairly well executed and well made yet it still doesn’t quite deliver that “great” or “fantastic” feel to me, just a “very good.” I think I should feel a little lucky to have found this brew with such ease. Like almost all Sprecher’s beers, this is a must try!

drpimento (3814) - La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 27, 2012
Opened the bottle at a good temperature and immediately smelled raspberries. Poured with a smallish light tan, creamy head that settles to a nice thin cover and a little lace. Color is a clear, dark red brown with some bubble trails. Aroma is overpowering rasberry with some roast malt in the background somewhere. Flavor’s like nose, has berry and carbonic tartness clashing with some bitter and sweet. And it doesn’t work at all. Body is hurt by the clashing and strong carbonation. Finish is like flavor, unfortunately persistant, and I’m dumping this. Bleh.