RATINGS: 95   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.32/5   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own. St. Ides Malt Liquor is a premium malt liquor with a smooth, distinctive taste. Brewed with only the finest, natural ingredients, St. ides has a unique taste that sets it apart from other malt liquors. Alcohol content - American 5.9% & Canadian 7.0%

FORTY DOGG (22) - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 11, 2002
This was my favorite till St Ides ’High Gravity’ came out! This shit makes you FLY Dogg!

hammsolypabst (12) - Redding, California, USA - JAN 6, 2009
My first 40 at age 12 back in 1991. This had only been around for a couple years back then but we knew all about it from Ice Cube and NWA. Very strong back then it was 7.3% when it was Ides Premium. Now its Ides High Gravity and it comes in at 8.2%. Still tastes the same but the original has the edge just because of its historic value to me. I am glad I was able to pick up an empty Ides Premium 40 for my collection a couple years ago. Also the St. Ides buzz is very violent. Its unlike any other buzz I have ever gotten from a 40. Be very carful as drinking 2 or more 40s of Ides will produce the worst hangover ever.

bravowhiskey99 (9) - USA - JAN 10, 2002 does not count
There’s not a whole lot that can be said for this ML, but if you are into huffing glue, pour your St. Ide’s into the brown paper bag you bought it with, and you can still cop a healthy buzz.

CrimsonGhost1971 (188) - USA - FEB 21, 2002
I like to drink this when I can’t find Mickey’s or OE 800. I guess my palate’s ruined.

Jay-D99 (3) - nepean, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 1, 2001 does not count
Its a good cheap way to get drunk,The best 40 ouncer out there

westchester4099 (2) - USA - MAY 17, 2002 does not count
this malt liquor does not smell that great and it doesnt taste that great, but its a mans beer and it will kick your ass. theres no reason to front when you’re drinking a 40, and st. ides will do exactly what you want from a 40. so take it like a man, shut your hole, drink the beer, and get your fucking jaw loosed.

LAboozehound (47) - Lafayette, Louisiana, USA - MAY 28, 2006
The second best malt liquor, behind OE. Not for beer nerds or people who drink for "taste." This stuff is all about getting trashed and having a great time for three bucks, and for that, it’s a solid brew. Just make sure to save some change for some Lifesavers, because your breath will be stankin’.

Pearhead (21) - Squirrel Hill, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 23, 2007
This beer makes me be wantin to be ridin’ a hos-ey. Smoothe and clean with a whip tail

gripweed57 (2452) - Hamilton Square, New Jersey, USA - JUL 10, 2017
From old tasting notes. Deep gold color. Lots of bubbles lead to a creamy white head. Assertive citrus malt aroma. Bittersweet malt flavor. Intense fruity, winey flavor. Little hop flavor to speak of. Big alcohol note.

vikasdesai (18) - USA - APR 22, 2008
the fact is for $1.89 in 1994-1998 , this was the best thing u could buy, wasn’t really that much worse than bud, best of the 40’s in my opinion. But the most important thing about this beer is that even a dorky indian doofus can feel like Ice Cube(the gangster one, not the barber shop one)!