overall
Brewed by Brauerei Beck & Co./Becks (InBev)
Style: Premium Lager
Bremen, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 964   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.29/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Two row spring barley from the south of England, a special strain of yeast, ice-age glacier water from the "Rotenburger Rinne," plus hops from the famous "Hallertau Hop Gardens" in southern Germany are the ingredients that give St. Pauli Girl Lager its unsurpassed quality and taste and keeps you coming back for more.

ampp (155) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - NOV 11, 2001
I think everyone had the same skunky aroma experience. This is a very average tasing Pilsner with a below average smell. Noticed some citrus and malt.

AlexF4099 (10) - New Jersey, USA - NOV 5, 2001
Not much to this. Kind of bitter, definitely skunky.

MMM...Beer (385) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - OCT 28, 2001
Probably my favorite lager. However, if I had to pick any flaw, it would be the aroma. The nose seemed to be somewhat skunky.

legion242 (2348) - Richardson, Texas, USA - OCT 26, 2001
Yeah right, whatever. I would like to put my wife in that outfit though!!!! **bring me beer, wench**

HarmonKill-a-Brew (407) - Wilmar, Arkansas, USA - OCT 15, 2001
UPDATED: FEB 25, 2008 Pretty bad, but I think my bottle was skunked so I’m really not sure that it was fair for me to rate it. 2-25-08: Ok I re-rated this one because I tired a bottle that wasn’t as skunked. Not terrible, but still probably the weakest of the European green bottle lagers.

1.2
MilkmanDan (1943) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - OCT 9, 2001
A thoroughly bland, tasteless, and boring beer. The only time it has flavor is when its green bottle allows it to get skunked easily. Regardless of its description, this has nothing even vaguely resembling a ’hoppy aroma’.

theslick199 (26) - California, USA - OCT 6, 2001
This is the German pils that I measure all other German pils against. I really like this stuff, even though it sometimes does have that skunky aroma.

Dawghouse Brewers99 (91) - Exeter, California, USA - OCT 5, 2001
Skunky smell and taste but looks clear although no real head to speak of.

wookie619 (10) - san diego, California, USA - OCT 5, 2001
Ive allways loved to hate this beer, if you dont live in munich and/or dont own a bar im not sure you can really capture a true comercial german Pilsener, maybe Gosser?

bipolar1 (268) - Hancock, Michigan, USA - SEP 25, 2001
UPDATED: MAR 30, 2005 Skunky aroma, as expected. The flavor and body of this beer self-destructs in the green bottle. Not a good beer.