overall
Brewed by Brauerei Beck & Co./Becks (InBev)
Style: Premium Lager
Bremen, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 964   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.29/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Two row spring barley from the south of England, a special strain of yeast, ice-age glacier water from the "Rotenburger Rinne," plus hops from the famous "Hallertau Hop Gardens" in southern Germany are the ingredients that give St. Pauli Girl Lager its unsurpassed quality and taste and keeps you coming back for more.

osubucks26 (30) - Seville, Ohio, USA - JUL 29, 2003
Pretty Good, I have no real complaints about it. Not to mention the hot chicks in the ads :) Fairly smooth.

degrassi (30) - cypress, California, USA - JUL 22, 2007
Not sure why I bought this beer, if i had known it was a pilsener I would’ve picked up the Dunkel that was on sale right next to it. That being said it was pretty par for the course as far as pilseners go. Nothing flashy, but not totally trashy.

LeviathanIPA (30) - chula vista, California, USA - SEP 4, 2007
great beer to buy when you hate drinking generic and you cant afford fancy brands. fizzy malty hoppy bitter taste. this was the first decent beer i had that got me looking at beer as not just a substance but an art. before this i didn’t know you could enjoy beer.

Travmc007 (29) - Arkansas, USA - MAR 8, 2010
Golden clear lager color. Has that hoppy smell. Pretty smooth, hoppy taste. Its ok.

aspeese (28) - Dallas, Texas, USA - MAY 6, 2008
Not very impressed with this beer. Very weak taste, weak head, aroma is the only thing I enjoyed about this beer

BeerMeDude (28) - USA - JUL 21, 2006
Surprisingly flavorful with a nice little bite just before the aftertaste. A little syrupy texture that actually started to grow on me by the end. A decent pilsener, not great, but I’m a sucker for that german flavor of which St. Pauli has plenty.

GrooveDaddy (27) - Bham, Alabama, USA - APR 28, 2007
Would have been loved by Willow and Kennedy had this beer required lebian approval....

mfullerene (27) - USA - NOV 11, 2004
not that impressive. pretty skunky aroma, bad aftertaste, difficult to drink as it warms. lightly hoppy. would never drink again.

1.2
jmusial99 (27) - USA - FEB 3, 2002
This is quite average, I used to like it 10 years ago but as my tastes mature and the skunky aroma is a turn-off on this one. This should be ’Extra Skunky Pilsener’...

theslick199 (26) - California, USA - OCT 6, 2001
This is the German pils that I measure all other German pils against. I really like this stuff, even though it sometimes does have that skunky aroma.