overall
Brewed by Brauerei Beck & Co./Becks (InBev)
Style: Premium Lager
Bremen, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 969   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.29/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Two row spring barley from the south of England, a special strain of yeast, ice-age glacier water from the "Rotenburger Rinne," plus hops from the famous "Hallertau Hop Gardens" in southern Germany are the ingredients that give St. Pauli Girl Lager its unsurpassed quality and taste and keeps you coming back for more.

MaDoG99 (20) - Orlando, Florida, USA - APR 30, 2002
A good light beer. It makes it easy to throw back more than one or two.....

DocKozzak99 (143) - Tampa, Florida, USA - AUG 8, 2002
Good German pilsner. best on draft! ........................................

PigMine (42) - San Angelo, Texas, USA - NOV 4, 2014
Just because its a corporate owned brew doesn’t mean its bad. It is actually a great German brew, and who could deny Hallertau hops from the most famous Hallertau Gardens don’t shine through in this golden beauty.

miloyoungman68 (1) - - JUL 7, 2017 does not count
I have an extremely good nose and the St.Pauli Girl I drink does not smell fishy! This actually smells like real beer. The main thing I notice is that this beer seems to be lacking in the flouride that is found in many American beers, which is a great plus. I also think it might be lacking in the BPH, (at least I hope) that is found many American beers. Gee, bottled in a tinted glass bottle, (NO aluminum can), fine taste, all of the above make for a very good tasting quality beer, which is what beer should taste like. Just might not end up brain dead!

MackJigger (13) - Maryland, USA - FEB 20, 2004
Cheaper substitute for Heineken. I get an occasional headache from this one. But overall it does the trick and is a treat when I have the dough.

coachmark34 (39) - central Illinois, USA - JUN 5, 2002
Excellent flavor and color. There is a definite hint of 'skunkiness', but nothing as pronounced as a Heineken in that regard. There is a certain sweetness in the aftertaste that my german-descended taste buds really respond to. Doesn't feel heavy in your stomach, either. You can have a few of these and not feel at all 'bloated'. I do wish it was a bit cheaper, though.

Valfar (79) - San Miguel, EL SALVADOR - OCT 24, 2013
Its very presentation is very inviting. The German purity law assures excellent beers giving another example like this one. A blond beer with all the flavors well developed. Good foam, hop/floral aroma, bitter to the taste but not too ofensive. A big pretzel is its perfect sidekick.

morbeer (11) - Sparks, Nevada, USA - JUN 12, 2010
This beer is very good. its kind of expensive, but its well worth it. I had this in my fridge and offered one to my room mate who drinks bud. He tried it and immediately fell in love with it. I would definitely recommend this over Heineken.