overall
Brewed by Brauerei Beck & Co./Becks (InBev)
Style: Premium Lager
Bremen, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 962   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.29/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Two row spring barley from the south of England, a special strain of yeast, ice-age glacier water from the "Rotenburger Rinne," plus hops from the famous "Hallertau Hop Gardens" in southern Germany are the ingredients that give St. Pauli Girl Lager its unsurpassed quality and taste and keeps you coming back for more.

donteatpoop (127) - Youngstown, Ohio, USA - FEB 17, 2008
Bottle. St Pauli’s lager is one of the better affordable lagers out there. It is a very light golden color with a very light head. The carbonation seems to be well balanced and the brew goes down smoothly. The aroma is lightly skuntastic. All in all this is a solid beer worthy of few nights of drinking.

Aubrey (3516) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - JUN 4, 2000
I like this a lot more than Beck’s. This was my ’premium’ beer in college, and I still enjoy it to this day.

21iceman40 (1735) - Grafton, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 3, 2001
Alright, kind of weak though. Sitll better than most........................

bbrock81 (317) - Le Mars, Iowa, USA - SEP 19, 2002
A nice little pilsener. I prefer it to Heineken, but there are definitely better German brews out there. Try something from Munich, there’s a reason it’s the capital of brewing.

CaptVegetable (3) - USA - APR 26, 2005 does not count
Nice foamy head and lacing. The aroma of this beer when freshly poured smells extremely similar to high quality dank. The herb-aroma doesn’t translate to a reefer-taste in the beer, but it is truly an interesting surprise. The beer is a pale yellow, and there are lots of bubbles moving around and rising to the top. This is a smooth, refreshing, fresh tasting lager that is very drinkable and perfect for social events or live music. I’d probably have to say that this is my favorite lager.

Rballs01 (282) - Madison, New Jersey, USA - JUN 16, 2006
I love this beer. When you just need a nice crisp beer flavored beer this is the go to beer. Golden hue, crisp and clean. The best German pils out there.

gpwasr10 (9) - USA - JUL 3, 2006 does not count
This is my old favorite. The one that generally graced my fridge door for many years. It still does but only occasionally. Nice hoppy aroma, if a little skunky. Refreshing taste that does not set up shop in your palette. Like a good woman she comes, gives you what you want, and then is gone as fast as she appeared. A solid old stand by to be sure. Serve Chilled.

DrewTaylor (154) - Michigan, USA - NOV 28, 2006
Very pale color with a medium to small head. Aroma is skunky with a hint of wheat. Flavor is bready with a good amount of taste. Pauli is a beer you can enjoy a few of without it becoming overbearing or filling. one of my favorites for tis combination of taste and drinkability.

Pwn3d (1962) - Manhattan, New York, USA - AUG 16, 2007
This beer is similair to Becks to me. I really enjoy both of them so thats not a problem for me. Nice carbonation, nice flavor, solid in all ways. I will buy this again.

MrRoss (646) - Delta, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 17, 2009
Pouring a nice medium gold, this had a great bitter aroma, along with the regulation foamy white head of normal size. Taste was enjoyable, as were the mouthfeel and aftertaste.