overall
Brewed by Brauerei Beck & Co./Becks (InBev)
Style: Premium Lager
Bremen, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 990   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.29/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Two row spring barley from the south of England, a special strain of yeast, ice-age glacier water from the "Rotenburger Rinne," plus hops from the famous "Hallertau Hop Gardens" in southern Germany are the ingredients that give St. Pauli Girl Lager its unsurpassed quality and taste and keeps you coming back for more.

Beyer (13) - Petaluma, California, USA - JUL 28, 2004
A embarrassment to good German Beers. Nice label (for a Munich girl in.....Bremen?). I rather have a Becks. Enough said.

Cornfield (5570) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - OCT 13, 2004
Commercial Description: "Deep golden color, distinctive full-bodied taste and hoppy aroma." NOT. These folk should spend more time on the brewing side of the business and less on the St. Pauli Girl searches. Donít misunderstand me. I love the ladies, especially my Linda. But, if you check their site, itís full of all kinds of "fun" things... and very little talk about their brews. Good reason. This is only a step or two above the macros. Little aroma. Little flavor. Almost makes me want to swear off my Germanic heritage. But, gee, arenít the girls pretty?

BuckNaked (1230) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - OCT 29, 2004
Very light, pale yellow in color with a medium white head. Almost no aroma, not the nice subtle aromas you can get in a good pilsner. Watery, some light malts, no hops. Drinkable when cold, but unimpressive.

bythe40 (64) - USA - JAN 15, 2003
If you like fosters then you will like this i think it suck. With little head, sour taste, and no color this is just a trendy crap beer.

PattyBoy (302) - North Liberty, Iowa, USA - AUG 8, 2004
This was not good. Poured very light golden. Not much taste, which is a good thing because the taste is bad. Some hops, grain, and skunky gym shorts describes it best.

asturnut (8) - USA - AUG 14, 2005 does not count
This beer is definitely skunky. A bitter wash over the tongue with a non-existant finish. Ugh.

BuckeyeBoy (7545) - Boise, Idaho, USA - OCT 29, 2006
12 oz Bottle. Pours out a very light topped with a very small head. A nice aroma of skunk to this fine german beer.

puboflyons (3407) - Allenstown, New Hampshire, USA - JUN 30, 2007
Skunky aroma which also affects the taste buds. Bubbly in the mouth. Annoying aftertaste that doesnít go away until I brush my teeth. Sharp like a needle not like polish. Yellowish pour. I really donít care for it.

thechandler (593) - Charleston, West Virginia, USA - DEC 8, 2007
Pours a pale golden. Aroma is reminiscent of liquid skunk. Taste is crisp and light, very slightly hoppy, but I canít get past the skunk smell. It just lingers in my nose and makes this beer nearly undrinkable. I wouldnít try it again.

ilherps (248) - Carbondale, Illinois, USA - JAN 31, 2009
Green bottle, light, yellowish , clear. Very fizzy, and with aromas of malts and fresh black and white striped roadkill, also a bit grassy. Flavor is as expected, barely present and thin. I am glad I tried it, but i likely wont have another very soon.