overall
Brewed by St Peters (UK)
Style: Golden Ale/Blond Ale
Bungay, England

RATINGS: 521   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.95/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Available brewery conditioned and cold filtered in 500ml bottles. Cask: Special - 2011 JDW Autumn Beer Festival.
"English Halcyon malts are used together with lager malts. Golding hops provide the bitterness and aroma. The result is a highly distinctive light, golden ale similar in character to a full bodied Czech lager."

mrhoppy (1196) - Santa Clara, California, USA - JUL 3, 2009
UPDATED: JUL 4, 2009 Creamy stinky hoppy beer. These guys are making me like skunky beer. I can see how someone would get totally hooked on this beers skunkaliciousness. Smooth balance and unique. Nobody does it like this. I really like this brewery and their beers.

rondphoto (4494) - Lakeside Park, Kentucky, USA - NOV 5, 2010
UPDATED: JUL 6, 2016 11/5/2010 - 4.1 - Smell is sweet and bitter floral; taste is malty sweet with a butter rum finish. An excellent session beer. 7/6/2016 re-rate - 4.5 - It’s time to take another look at some of my favorites. This is still a solid brew. Nice aroma of semi-sweet caramel malt. The taste is carbonated caramel malt that retains enough of a fizz edge to keep things perfectly in balance. A great malty session brew, one I would never grow tired of. A winner in all respects.

mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - MAR 24, 2005
This is pretty good though I did not have enough to give it a definitive rating. Pretty nice and I do enjoy beers of this style very much. I think it may be a little overhopped. That is a common problem with St. Peters. This is good though. Love the St. Peters bottlea!

tmplerns (6) - Warwickshire, ENGLAND - MAR 12, 2014 does not count
Personal favorite, beats out so many other golden ales that just taste like lager. How it should be done

booldawg (70) - Hampshire, ENGLAND - DEC 4, 2012
Malt tones were initially wheaty, leading to pleasent roasted malt, unusual in a pale ale.

Breaks away from the mold of what you’d usually get from a bottled pale. I’ve tried a few of St Peters offerings and this is one I’d definitely try again.

Very moorish.

Thelocaldrunk (4) - Middlewich, Cheshire, ENGLAND - DEC 16, 2012 does not count
Very strong, typical British ale. Stick too a few if u don’t want to ruin the taste.