overall
Brewed by Starobrno Brewery (Heineken)
Style: Czech Pilsner (Světlý)
Brno, Czech Republic

RATINGS: 326   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%

Reid (2541) - Salem, Oregon, USA - NOV 15, 2003
Ok i bought a sixer of this at Trader Joes for only $4.49..was not expecting much. Comes ina 12 oz euro style brown( thank goodness) bottle. Pours a nice semi-dark golden colour with a monstrous frothy white head that threatens to overwhelm my glass..but quickly subsides..leaves a descent lacing. Smell is of spicy hops as I would expect froma Czech lager..very fresh. MM a simply lovelly taste, creamy in front then the zingy hops take over..nice very, "thick"..I like a lager thats not too thin and this is good. Great on the palate thick and creamy yet exhilarating hops..great stuff. Very drinkable indeed this hot June night!. I recommend this lager highly ..if you in Trader Joes grab a six pack or two its a great deal.

BückDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - NOV 7, 2003
Golden color with light head and no lacing. The aroma is all-malt with a light nobel hop finish. Flavor is pretty bland but has a nice malt finish and a slight hoppy end. This was a decent pils, but I always think that interbrew makes all international lagers so I have my doubts. Nevertheless, I'm satisfied with this for now.

Sham (1844) - Seattle, Washington, USA - NOV 2, 2003
Pours a dark yellow with a thin head and some lace. Heavy malt nose with some hops backing it up. Flavors are malt and some bread, almost biscuit. Some hop characteristics, but not too much, mostly bittering hops. Smooth palate.

JPDIPSO (6223) - Wauwatosa, USA - OCT 14, 2003
Bottle. I poured this in my standard pils glass and when I clicked on to this one it looked nearly identical to its image. Malt and dry herbal hops dominate the aroma. Light doughy flavors start, pronounced hops flavors and mild bitterness. Mild hops and malt balance in the finish. Someday I will have this on draught in the Czech for a real rate.

y0cola (361) - fremont, California, USA - OCT 10, 2003
I enjoyed this earlier in my beer career but now it just doesn't cut it.

Dalle (1145) - Skørping, DENMARK - SEP 20, 2003
Golden colour. Medium head. Herbal, bitter, dry, long finish. A nice pilsener that brings back fond memories of Brno.

Perkeo (322) - Portland, Oregon, USA - SEP 18, 2003
Full gold vergeing on amber, nice fluffy head, with clean saaz aroma. Possibly a little munich malt in this, or maybe I'm just picking up on the caramelization from decoction mashing or a vigorous boil- either way, a little more dark sweetness than other czech lagers. Good bitterness too, nice fresh bottle and just plain nice!

harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - SEP 16, 2003
Poured a nice golden amber with a huge creamy frothy head. Your typical run of the mill Czech lager. Crisp and clean with a slightly sweet taste, but nothing really more than average to speak of.

bac080 (398) - Bloomington, Illinois, USA - AUG 30, 2003
Crisp, average Czech pilsener. Tastes much like the other ones I've had.

thedm (6186) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - AUG 23, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 22, 2005 This brew poured a medium sized white head of mostly lasting bubbles the left a softly carbonated transparent urine yellow orange colored body behind. I could discern no aroma from this brew. It had a smooth mouth feel that was mildy bubbly. Its flavor was thin and lightly hopped.