overall

RATINGS: 67   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.25/5   IBU: 13   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%

EBROVIAK (42) - - FEB 29, 2016
I guess I get the ratings I’m seeing if you call this a lager. I’d call it a Belgian-lager cross and very good. Not strictly a lager but I’d sure order it again. Good flavor and body - my fave out of a flight of 4 that included 2 porters.

Bogenschutze (1) - Sterling, Virginia, USA - FEB 26, 2015 does not count
Frankly, I’m drunk and, from an outside-looking-in perspective, wouldn’t trust my judgment (as regards rating this beer on it’s 5-point scale). Nevertheless, this was my introduction to this particular beer and I found it to be EXACTLY what I’ve been searching for.....perfectly seated between Russian Stouts and brown ales. I was also overwhelmed with the fact that it’s brewed right here in Virginia (F--- Yeah!) This beer gives me a mouth-feel and richness in between the two......and thoroughly kicked my ass after about five beers (I’m 6’1" & 235lbs)......perfect! Not too rich (like the former)......not too thin (like the latter)...and perfectly balanced alcohol to allow me to socialize before becoming too inebriated to perform. Okay, so if you like light beer.....take a hike; I’m obviously not talking to you. If you’re feeling "manly" and can’t even begin to consider anything below "Stout" rating, good for you.....go dead-lift a castle. But if you’ve been looking for that "kick your ass" beer with a full flavor and refreshing beer taste, try this beer; it is the shiznit. And that’s all I have tuh say about that...

Braudog (6907) - Yorktown, Virginia, USA - NOV 23, 2013
Draft at Park Lane Tavern. Dark, ruby brown. Dreamy consistency with a nice smooth malt character. Roasty and caramel flavor components. Very clean and drinkable, not heavy at all. Well done. (#5340, 11/2013)

bigben873 (265) - Virginia, USA - JAN 27, 2016
A nice malty doppel without being overpowering. A little better on draft when I can get it.

OnTheTrail (608) - Virginia, USA - NOV 21, 2015
Pours black with thin tan head. Sweet toffee caramel aroma. Taste is straightforward caramel malt. Smooth mouthfeel.

tnkw01 (1857) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - DEC 10, 2017
Bottle. Amber brown in color with a one finger head. Aroma was roasted grains with hints of fruit cake. Taste is fruity toasted Flavours with slight spicy undertones. Great beer.