overall
Style: Premium Lager
Toronto, Canada
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 415   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79/5   IBU: 21   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Steam Whistle Pilsner, handcrafted with all natural ingredients, is a premium beer of exceptional quality. Golden in color with a distinctive hop aroma, the palate is dry, the beer is refreshing and has a clean, crisp finish.

pah57 (10) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 31, 2001
UPDATED: SEP 7, 2005 I’m not usually a pilsner drinker, but I quite enjoyed this one. The brewery tour was interesting too.

Soothsayer99 (23) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 17, 2001
..................................................

npdempse (934) - St. Petersburg, Florida, USA - AUG 12, 2001
I only had a couple of sips of this, but I enjoyed it. I found it to have a nice nutty, malty character with a hint of fruit. I'm not a pilsener guy, though, so I can't say whether it lives up to the form at all. It did seem like OK beer to me, however.

Strange Brew (157) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 25, 2001
I agree that the best thing about it is the bottle. Nothing in the flavour grabbed my attention.

daboskabouter (1469) - Fergus, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 13, 2001
I wasn't very impressed at all. Bitter finish and very predictable. I would sooner drink a Labatt or Molson product.

1.3
TheKing99 (13) - Ontario, CANADA - APR 1, 2001
There is nothing special about this beer. It tastes like so many other mass-produced Canadian light lagers. Bland, no distinctiveness, pop-like. One compliment-the brewery is in a fabulous building and offers a good tour.

Oakes (19532) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 16, 2000
UPDATED: FEB 10, 2004 This is a pilsner like I'm a Sherpa. Bland, bland, bland. These guys only brew the one product, under the theory that if Creemore can do it, so can they. Difference being that Creemore is a flavourful, quality beer, while Steamwhistle is a cool bottle. Even on re-evaluation, this beer holds little appeal. The odd bit of maltiness, some unhappy English-tasting hops, no body.