RATINGS: 983   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
The two eleven mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve(R) High Gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

Equal420 (2) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - AUG 27, 2009 does not count
Mann ThIS SOmE bAd DrAnk....cOp A ThICk cHiCK, DeFinetlY dOeS ThE TriCk. cOLor DarK Like wOod, aRomA Ist ThAt Good. PaLet tWo wEEks LaTe, oVeRaLL tAsteS gReAt.

martjoobolut (4124) - Tallinn, ESTONIA - MAY 6, 2017
Can at tcbw. Golden beer. Aroma is corn, crap. Flavor is sweet and bitter, corn, some hop extract. Overall: bad.rating: :3:3:2:2:6
proper us malt lika, my life is complete! Thats why it deserves five!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
211Gramma99 (38) - Chico, California, USA - JAN 19, 2002
My fav. cheap. This is all my buddies favorite beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
KingCobra408 (2) - USA - JAN 21, 2008 does not count
Ahhhh, Steel Reserve 211. I personally love this stuff. Brings any day to a finish with a frosty cold 40oz of joy. Its sweet High Gravity flavor makes me smile as I know I am gonna feel great. And just as your HG buzz starts kicking in you can read the back side of the label through your half finished 40....it talks about 211s creation, and its all enough to make you fuckin cry. Yeah, I love 211. Let it take YOU away in a $1.99 40oz Bottle and drop you off in the High Gravity Alps.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
assherbole (10) - Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 26, 2011
211 fucks you up plain and simple. this is great stuff to chill on. steelies in my hand gettin drunk YOU KNOW HOW IT IS

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
trolltramp99 (13) - kansas city, Missouri, USA - JUN 5, 2001
Most people dont realize it, but there are different kinds of steel reserve. The silver can of 211 is the most widely known across the country. This one is MALT LAGER. The other 211 comes in black can or label if on bottles. This is the original steel reserve. This one is a MALT LIQUOR. I have had this debate with many people. Even ones who have actually seen both kinds of brew dont believe me. The only two states that I know of that have kinds of 211 are: Oregon and Wash. St.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
timbrew99 (1) - Massachusetts, USA - JUL 5, 2002 does not count
Quite possibly the best commercially brewed beer in America today. Joyously malty and smooth on the palate, with just a kiss of hoppiness, this beer is reminiscent of a fine doppelbock or Oktoberfest. Those accustomed to the lifeless character of most mass-produced American beers may find this brew uncustomarily full of body and flavor - but it has everything that you would want in an Ultimate Beer! P.S. If anyone knows where in the Boston area I could get some Steel Reserve, please post and let me know - otherwise I have to travel all the way to the West coast to enjoy some!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
chuckyf (2) - Torrance, California, USA - AUG 19, 2003 does not count
High Gravity is even better than Special Brew!! The aroma is delightful, the taste smooth, and the color amber-perfect.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
mikeywaffles (2) - - MAY 10, 2014 does not count
Contrary to the belief of most of the raters the steel is not a malt liquor it is a high gravity lager.....that being said while it is not everyones favorite it happens to be mine.....but I cant really taste any other beer because I have been drinking this stuff the last 10 years of my life......

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
thegreatdane68 (1) - justin, Texas, USA - MAY 5, 2017 does not count
Finally an American Beer with kick. Its bold it hits the taste buds instantly As Beer should do. Tried all the famous Beers here in US but Stella Reserve beats them all. Color like a pilsner a hint of bitter a light sweet aroma but the way it hit you is astounding. Danish Beer are among the very finest on all sort from light Beer, pilsner, lager. Steel Reserve 211 is the only Beer that measure up to what a Beer should be. And that is strenght, flavor. Best served in a iced Glass at 36-38F. Drink it warm and it will be super bitter and unpleasant to drink. But Beer have to be served Cold. Good job Brewers a true Beer is born.