RATINGS: 866   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.5/5   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
The two eleven mark, based on the medieval symbol for steel, appears only on Steel Reserve(R) High Gravity lager. We use nearly twice the ingredients of many normal lagers & brew for over twice as long as many quality beers.

troz5499 (1) - USA - AUG 25, 2001 does not count
if you dont like the taste just finish one and the next’ll taste great. oh yeah! best buzz for the buck.

LuckeyHaskins99 (180) - Toledo, Ohio, USA - FEB 7, 2002
O.K. Why do I like Steel? It’s got a smooth taste and goes down well with a football game, or even an evening of surfing online. It’s better than most american Macrobrews, (Is it micro? It’s marketed big) and will get you a good buzz. Beware of this stuff in the can however, it’s just not the same. Cool it down as much as you can, then enjoy. Worth a try, esp for the price.

jmdyourface (3) - Houghton, Michigan, USA - DEC 11, 2003 does not count
Very cheap, but better tasting than any other malt liquor I've had. Only comes in 24 oz cans or 40 oz bottles (that i've seen) = quality.

xbryx (1) - USA - MAR 3, 2004 does not count
it may taste bad once it gets warm, but 1 can will get your game on! i usually drink only micro-brews,so i am somewhat dicriminating..... but there's something about this beer i love it's justlike drinking expresso.....taste like ass the first time, but you eventually develop a taste forit.

solocup (49) - sandy, Utah, USA - AUG 26, 2002
For a high alcohol beer this one is great, and the can is cool..............

AKThunder (167) - New York, USA - NOV 1, 2012
Probably the best damn Malt Beer you can buy for under 2 dollars a 24 oz can.

joestatix (3) - Detroit, Michigan, USA - MAY 20, 2014 does not count
First off Im not a Craft Beer guy. I m the type of guy that likes to sit back and slam on pappies ol" cough syrup and have to clench my hand to handle the swig. Now that being said steel reserve holds a place in my heart. I was drinking it n and off since I was a teenager. It definitely aint for beginners. I recommend the forties. the 24’s just don’t taste the same it has a smooth grainy taste to me at first but as I drink more n more it transitions into a rich buttery flavor I love it the hang over isn’t bad either. all in all for the price of admission its a good ride

dcmike (1) - St Petersburg, Florida, USA - JUN 21, 2014 does not count
UPDATED: JUN 23, 2014 STEEL RESERVE W/ A LIME - There are two kinds of beer drinking - serious craft brew joint visits (tour de beir) and everyday slogging. Corona (for example) strongly suggests a lime in the mix. OK - if we are masking the critical factors with lime, then all bets are off. Are we "drinquing bier" or drinkin’? If the answer is #2, then relax, save the money, drop in a lime and ENJOY. With the addition of a lime, they all taste good. So - if I’m droppin’ in a lime do I wanna’ pay $9.00 or $3.88? I’ve been drinking beer since Coors was only available in Colorado. Steel Reserve & lime is as good as any beer with lime. Save the money & get the buzz ,-\

BlackJesus99 (4) - Marijuanaville, USA - NOV 5, 2002 does not count
This stuff is great. Smooth, nice, easy, very good taste, and very potent. After 1 40 I’m feeling it a little, after 2 I’d call myself ’just drunk’, and after 3 I’m pretty well blasted. No other 40 can even come close to competing with this.. Think i’ll go crack one right now. Keep hope alive, you are somebody.

witchxrapist (1) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 1, 2011 does not count
Ah yes, Steel Reserve. 8.1 my son. Steel Reserve is my tried and true. It reminds me somewhat of a malt liquor pear juice, and I feel many of the naysayers say as such as, I’ve noticed most pizza shops selling it, generally don’t know how to handle their beers, and so its unfortunately going to be skunked way too often, ooor that it’s cheap malt liquor, which is taboo. I am a fan of all kind of malts, and I’ve had rather expensive "high quality" malts on tap at local taverns that taste identical to Steel.